Friday, October 30, 2009

Monkeying Around

We made it back from Denver Tuesday night, and I'm sure glad we left when we did. As much as I was hoping to not go back for awhile, we have one more trip next week, then hopefully Torie can get her enzyme at St. Mary's. In the meantime, we had a follow-up with Dr. Mike yesterdayand Torie got the H1N1 vaccine as well as the second half of her flu vaccine. She wasn't happy about "poke inna yeg" but she faced it with her usual bravery and did great. I wish I had a quarter of her toughness! Today we went to Banana's Fun Park for a bit of Trick-or-Treating.. Where else would a monkey go? Unfortunately there were just a bunch of bump & jumps and I'm not comfortable with her being in those. Hurler kids are at risk for spinal compression fractures because of their skeletal structure. Even more unfortunately these fractures tend to be high up in the cervical area (C1-2) and the result is quadriplegia. So no somersaults, gymnastics, trampolines, etc. But she is really getting into this candy hand-out program..."mo canny pease!"

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie! I love how they talk at that age... "yeg", etc... :)

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving an "Anonymous" comment, please leave your name so we know who to send happy thoughts back to!