Sunday, October 25, 2009
Over The Mountain
Again. Hopefully this trip doesn't last as long as the last one. Torie is doing great with her Vanco. Lexie is just getting over H1N1, so Torie has been at the Greats since Thursday so I could work a couple shifts this weekend. Mom has turned into quite the nurse. My job may be threatened! Torie is walking more and she's getting some color back. We are crossing our fingers that this may be our last infusion in Denver. Janelle from TCH and Kristina from Genzyme are working with St. Mary's so Torie can get her enzyme here! Hooray! Only about a 15 mile drive...we won't know what to do with all our time. Maybe put the suitcase away for a while. The Peds nurses here are great...certainly on par with Children's in Denver, and with Children's of Central California where I worked last year. And besides having excellent skills and knowledge, they are so supportive and doing so much to help us through this time. I went to work the other night to find a huge bag of pop tops. And Stacie and my BFF Heather are setting up a chili cook-off fundraiser for Torie. We are having a lot of insurance concerns right now and their efforts are so appreciated. If I were ever to put a dollar amount on my friends and family, I am rich, rich, rich!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
If you are leaving an "Anonymous" comment, please leave your name so we know who to send happy thoughts back to!