Torie's WBC's today are 0.2! Hooray! Hopefully we'll start seeing it go up more now. Yesterday's skin biopsy results aren't back yet, but they started her on a topical steroid today. She has been so itchy. She got platelets early this morning but her counts are still really low. She continues to spike fevers, but so far all her cultures are coming back negative, and all of her viral studies are negative. It seems the nausea and vomiting are improving, and that she only throws up when she sees her medicine. I'm afraid it's going to be a long road getting Torie to take so many medicines by mouth. Today they stopped her her Dilaudid drip and she seems to be fairly comfortable without it. She is still getting Celebrex for her fevers and I think it's helping with pain, too. She seems to be just achy, and she acts like her skin hurts. No wonder, as red, itchy, and swollen as she is. Maybe now with a couple of white cells she can start fighting back!
A huge Thank You to Rylie and her family for their support and their comments. I use Rylie's blog as a reference tool...I'm constantly looking back to see what day Rylie got a new white cell, when her rash got better, etc! It seems these two red-heads must have talked about a lot more than Elmo at Joe's Crab Shack! And make sure to check Josiah's blog...he's doing great! He even got out in the hall in a wagon today. Hooray! Please keep your wishes and prayers and happy thoughts going for these sweet kids. They're so tough but they need all the help they can get.
Grow cells, Grow! Vic-Torie! Grow cells, Grow! Vic-Torie!
oh, I love your blog! I read Rylie's too, and I hope Torie has success with the BMT... two cute red-heads!!! Hope the itchiness gets better. xoxoxo
ReplyDelete~Julie
Yay!!! That's great news, hopefully they will keep multiplying!!! :D
ReplyDeleteHang in there Minnasota family. Torie, keep growing those Cells!
ReplyDeletePapa Tom