Torie woke up this morning wanting something to drink! Her
WBC's are 0.3, and she
got platelets for a count of 6. No fevers for over 24 hours and no throwing up for about the same. I decided I'd see if she'd take a "taste" of breakfast...

She asked for her fork and wanted the plate too! She had a few bites of eggs, sausage, and pears. She was having a hard time chewing it, and I remembered she doesn't have teeth yet (her gums are still so swollen that her teeth are covered by them). Heather, the
BMT Fellow, stuck her head in the door to let me know they were here for rounds and I told her to come peek at Torie. She saw her sitting up eating and said, "Oh My God! Hooray!" then she opened the door to about the 10 other people waiting to start and yelled "She's eating!" I think they were almost as excited as Mom and I were. She hasn't eaten since February 2. We are super encouraged by this...hopefully we can get off
TPN and Lipids sooner than later.
She got her 3rd dose of enzyme today and handled it like all the others...without a problem! Only 5 more to go! Josiah got his
ERT today too and did great. The plan for him is home to
RMH tomorrow! These 2 still have plenty of rough road ahead but hopefully the worst is behind them both. Thank you so much for all you are doing to help speed their recovery...I have no doubt that it's making all the difference!
Grow cells, grow! Vic-Torie!
never thought scrambled eggs could look so beautiful
ReplyDeletegrow cells for miss torie
kati
Glad to hear that Torie is doing better. Hope she is over the rough bumps in the road. Nice that she wants to eat and drink a little something. Food is so much better than TPN. That stuff sticks to high heaven! Hopefully it will be ice cream and candy soon. Get stronger Torie and fight like a tiger. I will keep praying and thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteHOORAYY!!! HOORRAAYY!! Praise the Lord Miss Torie! I am so very happy that you are eating and feeling better. You are way ahead of me with the whole eating thing... food sounds good but I can't get it past my lips. I hope the food gives your body encouragment that it's getting better and you grow lots of marshmallows (WBC :)! We are still praying!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Josiah and famliy
This post has made my day! Torie, I'm so proud of you for eating such a great breakfast. You show those doctors!! I can just imagine how shocked their faces must have been.
ReplyDeleteIt's great to read some good news and see a great photo of Miss Torie. RMH, watch out for Torie! She's coming soon.
xoxo
So happy to hear that she's eating. What good news! Let's all pray that this is the 1st step to a turn-around, and all will start improving now. As always, Lots and lots of hugs your way!
ReplyDeleteSheryl
I'm so happy that Torie felt up to eating. That's got to be a good thing! Hope things start to turn around and she starts feeling better.
ReplyDeleteLove to you all!
(My good friend Sheryl showed me how to do this)
That is so great! Hooray for Torie!!! :D :D :D
ReplyDeleteSooooo glad to hear that Torie's doing better! She doesn't mess around with the chicken broth and jello, either, does she? Dove right into those eggs and sausage! Keep it up, you're gettin' there.
ReplyDeleteMuch love and prayers! Ben and (Josiah's) Grandma Dee! ((hug))
Oh Torie I can't wait to have eggs and sausage with you like we have done lots of times before.
ReplyDeleteI saw Great Papa Dick today and he said when he was talking to Grandma Cathy on the phone, he could hear you jabbing in the back ground. He ask Grandma Cathy to move closer to you so he could hear you better. He said listening to you made his day! It's been a while since I've seen Papa Dick smile and laugh like he did today!
I love you Torie. Eat good and keep growing those cells!
Papa Tom
From Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
ReplyDeleteI have spoken here of heavenly help, of angels dispatched to bless us in time of need. But when we speak of those who are instruments in the hand of God, we are reminded that not all angels are from the other side of the veil. Some of them we walk with and talk with—here, now, every day. Some of them reside in our own neighborhoods. Some of them gave birth to us, and in my case, one of them consented to marry me. Indeed heaven never seems closer than when we see the love of God manifested in the kindness and devotion of people so good and so pure that angelic is the only word that comes to mind.
From Tom,
I believe that Josiah and Torie are 'Angels'. And as we may feel that the world has crashed into our lives, I wonder, are we blessed? Oh yes! Thank you Heavenly Father for bringing Torie into my life and thank you for bringing Josiah into my life as well.
HALLELUJAH!!! I love Tom's comment above!
ReplyDeleteI agree!
Love to you all!