(Setting: Darkened bedroom, early morning light starting to seep in. There are 2 double beds, each one with a Grandma pretending to be asleep. There is also a bunk bed. The lower bunk, bed rail securely in place, holds an adorable 3-year old.)
"Day."
"Turna light on."
"Mommy in Colorado. Daddy in Colorado. Papa Dick in Colorado. Papa Tom in Colorado. Torie in Minnesota. Mama Great in Minnesota. Mama Cheryl in Minnesota."
(Double beds are shaking as the Grandma's are silently giggling.)
"Teddy needa new diaper. Torie needa new diaper."
"Torie want milk. Torie want white milk. Torie want white milk inna cup."
"One, two, three, five, six, eight, eeyeben."
(Bed rail begins rattling, the Grandma's aren't being quite as silent with their giggles. Adorable 3-year old hears the stifled laughter and starts laughing.)
"Torie inna cage! Torie monkey inna cage!"
(More rattling, and the Grandma's both explode into laughter.)
"Hi Mama Great! Hi Mama Cheryl! You awake! Torie awake too!"
What a doll! And it's great you grandmas get some good laughs in ... you need those!
ReplyDeleteWhy have anybody else in on it to confuse the conversation? CUTE!! You are all still in our prayers! We do love the posts! Hugs and prayers to all your new Hurler family (i.e. Josiah, et al) -- all the ones who need good wishes and prayers! Be strong!
Our love to you! Aunt Lanny & Uncle Eddy
Oh Torie, you are one funny little kid! I remember one morning when I was out there to see you all and I was out sitting on the rocker. I heard you doing your little morning routine and I could hardly keep from just totally laughing out loud. Keep working on those good cell Grand Baby. Very important!!
ReplyDeleteI love you and miss you all so much.
Papa Tom
Wow! Hilarious. I couldn't keep back the giggles just reading it. Love ya Torie! Miss you...
ReplyDeleteYour swimming buddy,
Stacey
Soo cute!! Thanks for sharing! Still in our prayers...
ReplyDelete(Josiah's Aunt)Kendra
This is so precious! Aww, wish I could give Torie a great big hug.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Cheryl, for sharing this very sweet story. It truly is the bright spot of our day to have read this. We continue to think of you and pray for you every day--all of you. What a precious little angel you are caring for. Grow, cells, grow! Vic-torie! You are all our heroes and heroines!
ReplyDeleteLove from Robert and Anne
How adorable is that!! What a good description. She's such a cutie!!! :)
ReplyDelete