Wednesday, August 4, 2010

T+181 6 Months!

A Very Merry 6-month Un-Birthday to Torie and Josiah. It was on February 4th that they both got their new blood. It seems like so long ago now!

I'm sorry for not posting sooner - I was in Denver for our dear friends Jamie and Joe's wedding celebration. So here's the catch up.... Uncle Shaun was here this weekend. He got to spend quite a bit of time with Torie, Lexie, and the Great's. Lexie asked Torie if she could say, "I love you Mommy." And she did. But she wouldn't say she loved Mama-Great, Papa-Great, or Uncle Shaun. But when she saw Shaun putting the butter on the table for dinner, she said "I love Uncle Shaun have butter." That's my girl! She has been much more active lately. Walking on her own, getting into her car, and playing more. Last week after we saw Dr. Mike, her amlodipine (blood pressure med) was decreased from 4 mg twice a day to 3 mg twice a day. Yesterday when we went to see him, her blood pressure was 82/50, so he felt that it would be good to stop her labetolol - another blood pressure medicine. I think with her blood pressure running low, she has been a little dizzy. So, maybe now she'll start doing even more. Her labs are looking good, except for hemoglobin. It's down to 8.1. Last week it was 8.4, but we thought with not drawing blood every day that it would start coming up on its own. Maybe next week. All in all, better.

Thank you again for following with us on this long, strange trip we're on. We are grateful for your prayers, support, and happy thoughts. I hope the next 6 months are a little bit easier... Vic-Torie!

3 comments:

  1. Happy 6-months! That's huge. Did you get a cake with lots of BUTTER! Your comment to Uncle Shaun made my morning. We will continue to pray for your recovery and for more and more good news!

    It's always nice to get rid of a med. There's so much great news in this post. :)

    Let's talk soon about trying to meet up. We've been talking of a weekend in the mountains in September, so hopefully something will work out. I'll give you a call when I know more.

    Lots of love,
    Rylie, Jade, and Lyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH TORIE on your 6 month aniversary!!! We are so happy you are feeling good. We love your giggly picture!! You are an amazing little girl. I'm sure it feels so GREAT to be home! You are in our continued prayers! I really hope you finally get a message from us. We are having such difficulty posting comments, but know we have never forgotten about you!!

    Live, Laugh, Love....

    The Larson's
    Big D, Laura, Alyssa and Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 6 months. You've come so far-you're so brave and it's great to see you laughing and playing again.

    Have a good trip to MN! It will be fun to see all your friends there. But come back home soon!

    Love,
    Aunt Lettie

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving an "Anonymous" comment, please leave your name so we know who to send happy thoughts back to!