Friday we went to Mall of America and our first stop was Build-a-Bear. We had seen the perfect bear when we got here in August. It has almost-red curly fur (sound familiar?) and stitched on ears, paws, and heart. Seems fitting, since they've patched Torie together here. She and Lexie helped stuff and sew it, then they gave it a bath and brushed it. Then was the most difficult part...the birth certificate. After some name-tossing, it was amazingly simple. Annie-Bear. What else?
| Torie and Annie |
After Build-a-Bear, we went to the Aquarium. It's right in the mall. We saw all kinds of fish, sharks, rays, and sea turtles. There is a huge walk-through tunnel, and Torie was amazed that we weren't getting wet!
This afternoon we went to Punch Pizza for dinner, and came back and had a quiet evening. We're all pooped out from the excitement.
Torie's hemoglobin on Thursday was 10.1, by the way! Platelets dropped more, down to 52, but her WBC's were up to 2.5. We're just taking one day at a time and not making any plans. Torie loves messing with my plans.
Grammy Bonnie's body was laid to rest today, and our hearts are with our Arizona family today. We wish we could be there with them, but hopefully it won't be too much longer until we can all be together to celebrate Bonnie and her life. We love you all!
Thank you for all your happy thoughts and prayers. I will never be able to express what you mean to us. We miss you all, and are grateful for your company while we wait for Vic-Torie!
| Just a perfect seahorse. |
| Torie loved walking around the jellyfish display, and so did we! |
What an exciting weekend! So, so glad that Lexie is there with Torie. Sounds like you had some quality time at the MOA. The bear is perfect!
ReplyDeleteTorie, Annie is a perfect costume for you. I was Annie when I was 6, and I have plans for Rylie to be Annie, too. She likes to dance and sing, so it's perfect. Oh, and the red curly hair thing helps!
Take care, Torie!
Wow!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great weekend!
What a great bear, they could be twins!
Can't believe how much Lexie looks like grammy Cheryl.
Love & Kisses to your Arizona family in this time of saddness.
Torie, you are so blessed to be a part of this family.
Happy thoughts,xoxo R-
I'm so glad that Lex could be there and with her baby. Being here with our AZ. family, once again, has reinforced the importance of 'family'. I so look forward to the day when we are all back together. I'm heading to our family Ranch today then on to Fruita tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteHi Torie. You look so cute with your little Annie Bear. Your hairs are almost the same color but your hair is curlier. Hey little one, you keep working on those good cells. Your AZ. cousins want you to come home soon so that they can visit you in Colorado. Makinley is here with me now.
" Hi Torie! This is cousin Makinley. I miss you and hope to see you soon. Get well and come home!"
Vic-Torie!! little one. Steps forward! Prayers and good, happy thoughts heading your way as usual. I love you sweet Torie and I miss you all.
Papa Tom
what beautiful princesses & torie walking thru the aquarium is so wonderful...good way to get that physical therapy out of the way.....mys-torie keep on walking & getting stronger so that you can bring your grandmas home..hope that you're having some nice autumn weather ..sending happy, positive & warm thoughts your way...kati
ReplyDeleteHi Torie,
ReplyDeleteBet it is nice to be with your mommy again. The bear is so cute-almost as cute as you! I was really looking forward to the Halloween pictures-SOMEONE had to have taken some.
Sounds like the trip to the mall was really fun. The aquarium looked so cool. I'm wondering why you didn't get wet too!
Keep feeling well, getting stronger and maybe you and your grandmas can come home soon.
Love & Hugs,
Aunt Lettie