Monday, January 10, 2011

T+340 Monday Clinic

Today was Clinic Monday again.  Torie's labs from last week are good - especially her engraftment levels.  I've been sweating them all week.  But CD3 is 67%...up from 47% the beginning of November.  All of her other studies are looking good too.  Today's platelets were up to 137.  Hopefully if she can stay this way we will head home in about a month.  I hate to be too optimistic because we all know Mys-Torie!  Every time I have a plan, she changes it.  We are doing her 1-year-post stuff this week and next week.  Wednesday she goes to OR for her Lumbar Puncture (LP), MRI's, and myelogram (I'll follow that up another day.).  On Thursday she will see Dr. Schwender of the Twin Cities Spinal Center, Dr. Polgreen, endocrinology, and Dr. Van Heest from orthopedics.  I'll definitely post what we find out.

In the mean time, she is very happy to have Joseph back for his one year evaluation.  And I am very happy to have Joseph's Mommy, Kim, back.  She has been such a support for me, and I so value her friendship.  Definitely another Silver Lining.  I so treasure the friends I have made here.  When I start to feel sorry for us being here for so long, I think of the friends and family we have supporting us, and realize how very blessed we are.  Thanks for all you do...you are helping us reach our Vic-Torie! 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Torie,

    Hooray for the good numbers! I'll be thinking of you as you go through all those tests. Great news that you might get to come home soon. (Just between you and me-no more suprises okay?)

    We got the package from you for GG Uncle Dick. Thank you so much-I'll take it to him this morning.

    It has to be great fun to see Joseph and his Mom again.

    Thoughts and prayers your way little one!
    Love,
    Aunt Lettie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are sending all kinds of good wishes and prayers to you today for Torie's one year tests. We hope all goes well today. We hope you all have a wonderful new year this year and that only improvements come to the Mys-Torie girl. We have loved the pictures you send and following all that's going on with you. Keep up the good work! Be stalwart and strong!
    Much love, Aunt Lanny & Uncle Eddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I got ahead of myself! Thought it was Wednesday! Oh well -- I guess old age really is settling in!
    Good luck today, tomorrow, and always!
    :) Aunt Lanny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for TOrie!! So glad to hear the numbers are good. Hope it all continues and you can go home soon. Home sweet home. Love, prayers and hugs sent your way.. all the way from snowy TN (you can stop sending it our way anytime :).

    Love,
    TN family

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm way happy about lab values and that protein is staying where it's supposed to be. Hurray for that engraftment level!

    Hey Torie, you keep up the good work and when the time is right, you guys come home! Don't worry about missing snow and cold. We've got that here too but 'spring time in the Rockies' is just around the corner.

    Engraft! and Vic-Torie! No more Mis-Torie!

    Papa Tom

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm so happy that things are going smooth for you...just keep it that way, please princess mys-torie...and you grandmas are the greatest...be very proud of what you've done & will continue to do...princess mys-torie is so lucky to have you in her life to help her through this chapter.....warm, positive wishes your way .. kati

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well It was so much fun to have seen all of you!!

    I can't believe how quick the week was....went by way to fast.

    We love you Miss Torie....keep up the good work.

    Mommy misses mama Cheryl alot....she talks about her all the time...and you too!!

    LOVE JOSEPH

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving an "Anonymous" comment, please leave your name so we know who to send happy thoughts back to!