One year ago today I titled the post "Farewell January". I NEVER thought I'd be posting from Minnesota a year later! But we are finally seeing the light, I think. Torie's labs today were great. Her RBC's and hemoglobin are back up, and platelets are 191. Urine protein remains negative, and steroids are slowly coming down - today was her last day on 25mg, and Wednesday we go to 20mg. Just when she was feeling pretty good on 30mg, we cut them. She's now trying to adjust to not feeling so happy as we change doses. At least this is a change for the better! We spent quite a while talking to Theresa today. The plan is to have a final appointment with Dr. Orchard next Monday, and then leave later that week. And not come back until Torie's 2nd Un-Birthday. I told Theresa that when she said to come back for her 6-month check that we didn't realize she meant a 6 month stay. That better not be the plan for the next time!
We also saw a new specialist today - Dr. Larson is a hip and knee orthopedic surgeon. She evaluated Torie and got more X-Rays. We'll check X-Rays in 6 months, and we'll see her when we come back next year. I think hip and knee surgery is in Torie's future, but we'll focus on her just getting back to "normal" for now. Dr. Larson was quite impressed when she asked Torie to walk in the hall and Torie said "I running!"
As always, we are grateful beyond words for all you've done for us through this. Your comments, support, thoughts, and prayers keep us going. And Kati - thanks for the supplies to keep our strength up!
so happy to hear the good news...labs sound GREAT!!!! of course when i came home from mailing the supplies, i found the starbuck's card on the kitchen table..some day we'll all get our act together...princess, you keep on runnin'...all the way back home...warm & positive thoughts your way..kati
ReplyDeleteWoo hoo! We are so super excited that you are doing so well and will get to go home soon! Your blood work actually looks better then mine does, so hopefully you will be on your way! We love you sweet triplet and look forward to seeing you before you leave. My mom, dad and I should be there on Saturday. Unless the snow storms keep us away. Thank you also for the un-birthday presents. I love them and so does Jay. I try to tell mommy I want to come see you every time she reads your blog to me, I can't wait to actually get to play. Hope you have a very Merry Un-birthday sweet girl!!
ReplyDeleteJosiah and family
I am so ready for all of you to be home! Let Mother Nature get all of the crappy weather out of her system so that you have smooth sailing on your way to the Rockies and over the top.
ReplyDeleteOh Torie I can't wait to see you and the Grands again! We can have tea parties and play with blocks. I think Uncle Eddy wants to come to one of our parties and maybe Papa Graeat too. Soon! You have an un-birthday coming up. Hurray! You have helped change lots of live over this past year little one. That is one of the many things that have made this all worth while. Steps forward, lot of steps forward! Vic-Torie!
Papa Tom
We are so glad to hear talk of HOME. No mischief, Miss Torie! We love the photos of Torie. She is so adorable, and I just can't get over that curly red hair. Too cute.
ReplyDeleteI hope that mother nature is kind to you when you head home. So happy that things are still going well!!
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work!!
We love and miss you.
Kim and Joseph
So glad to see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Hard to believe that it has been a year. We hope that you will get the wonderful news that you can go home next week and then don't have to be here for a long time, even though we would love to see you guys! We know how much it means for you to be at home with your family. We love you guys and miss you guys. Hope you have an uneventful un-birthday Mys.TOrie!
ReplyDeleteLove your RMH Family,
Cyndi, Duane, Michael and ^^Angel^^DaNNY
Such great news! Hope it's MN in your rearview mirror soon! Can't wait to see you three! I'll keep everything crossed (fingers, eyes, legs). Love the pictures-such a happy girl!
ReplyDeleteLove & Hugs,
Aunt Lettie
Hey, we're late getting anything in the mail for tomorrow's big day. Just know we are thinking of you and wishing Torie a happy, happy UNbirthday! Too much cold weather is making my mind freeze.
ReplyDeleteLove you guys!
Jade