As of yesterday, there are 6, yes 6, Hurler kids here! Who said Hurler's was rare? As you know, Josiah is here, and we are really enjoying being able to spend time with him, Rachael, and Jim. This is the first time in the year that we've known them (although it seems like we've known them forever!) that Torie and Josiah have both felt good enough to play together. And are they ever cute! I could watch them together for hours. They really are the Twin-Triplets...we wish James could be here to have the complete set. Last night Josiah shared his chicken nuggets during bingo, and then they spent quite awhile in the House 3 playroom. They were joined by Allison, who is 10 years old and here for new ear tubes. She has
not had a transplant, so she gets weekly enzyme replacement. She just had her 400th dose. (It makes me feel very petty for complaining about 24 of them.) She is an absolute dolly, and super sharp. She was trying to tell Rachael and I about iPads, and 4G phones. Needless to say, she was way over our heads!
I wish we could have gotten Ethan in the picture, too. He has been delayed for transplant for a while longer. We're so glad to have such a great family to wait with.
Zachary is in the hospital, Day T+7, and when I talked to Brooke, his mom, she said he is doing
great...Hooray!
And last, but hardly least, is Derek. He is inpatient too, and today was his transplant. Very merry Un-Birthday Derek!
Thank you all for your encouraging comments. We appreciate them so much, and thanks for the continued happy thoughts and prayers. Please send them to our Hurler family, and for safe travels for the Carman's; they are leaving in the morning. Just once I'd like to be able to leave before them!
I wished I could have watch Torie and Josiah playing together. I'll bet they were both pretty funny. I wonder if they had a tea party.
ReplyDeleteTorie you look so cute in the pictures with Josiah. I can imagine hearing you laughing and I can't wait to her you laugh for real. Soon!
Thank you to members of the family who said special prayers for Torie this past Sunday and thanks again to all friends and family who have supported and continue to support Torie and our family. It's time for our Torie and the Grands to come home. Vic-Torie!!!!
Papa Tom
Torie,
ReplyDeleteIt's looks like you and Josiah had a wonderful time playing together! I'm so happy you are both feeling better. And you've made another new friend-Allison. Best wishes and prayers to all of the Hurler's kids-what a brave group!
I'm hoping to see you this week at Uncle Shaun's house. I'm sure your great grandma will keep me posted.
Love, Hugs, Prayers, (fingers, legs, toes, eyes crossed)
Aunt Lettie