Monday, March 28, 2011

T+417 Big Sister

Torie is going to be a big sister!  Here she is, holding the 1st pictures of her brother, Ryker Quinn.  He is 20 weeks today, and she is very excited to see him.  She knows that "Mommy has baby in her tummy," and every night when Lexie gets off work Torie asks if the baby is at home.  "I hug him.  I so excited see him!"  His birthday will most likely be August 8th, so she still has quite a wait.  You know how I've said that sometimes Torie just knows things?  Sometime in December, before Christmas any way, she told Mom and I "Mommy have a baby."  At the time she was totally enthralled (and still is!) with Baby Sydney and Baby Bella.  We really didn't pay much attention to it.  I guess she was right.  Again.  Lexie and Greg are at least as excited as Torie.  I'm scared.  I know it's irrational.  But after all we've been through with Torie, I'm scared.  And I don't know what to do with a boy except duck!  But this does give Tom and I three of each.  It evens up things nicely...3 boys, 3 girls.  Like Torie, Ryker will have the 4 greatest "Duzins" ever - Chase, Makinley, Brielle, and Cooper.  And I know Torie will tell him about the cousins right away....she talks about them every day.  "Mama-Cheryl, I go swimming with my duzins.  I push 'em in a water!  I yike duzins!"  I am happy for Torie; I know better than anyone that a little brother is one of the greatest blessings in the world.  And this baby will have the most supportive, loving family in the world.  I know, because they're always there for me!

Torie went down on Prednisone to 10 mg last Thursday.  And her labs today were great!  Hemoglobin came up to 11.9, platelets to 228, and WBC's to 5.6.  Chemistries are still all normal.  If she continues this way, she'll be off steroids in 5 weeks!  Imagine.  She could be off ALL her meds in about 4 months.  She is spunky, happy, and doing SO well.  And we owe so much to you...All your happy thoughts and prayers have gotten her to where she is.  We never could have done without your help.  Thank you, thank you! 

And as a quick last thought, Tom was the Facebook Friend of the Week of Ronald McDonald House Twin Cities.  We can never thank them enough either for being our home and family for so many months.  We think of all of them every day and we miss everyone there so much.  Please send your happy thoughts and prayers with ours to all of them there!     

5 comments:

  1. Torie, you'll be a wonderful big sis! That's big news! Congratulations. The photo of you looks so much like Rylie. I can't wait for you two to get together, so you two can have an Annie look-a-like contest. Who will win?! I think you might, but don't tell Rylie I said that.

    We love you, and we are so glad you are doing well with your drug taper. Keep being spunky and happy. We are so thankful you are finally able to run around and show everyone your spunky self.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for our family and dear friends who have stood by Torie and provided so much support to all of us. I'm also thankful for each opportunity to have 'air' dinner with Torie from her new birthday kitchen :). Thank you all for continued support and prayers.

    Papa Tom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Papa Tom, the "air" dinner is not very filling, but the effect is very slimming! Enjoy many dinners with Chef Torie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Torie!

    It looks like you might be a big sister the same day that Kylie is going to be a big sister. She is going to have a baby sister and they have set the C-section for 8/8/11. They don't have a name picked out yet.

    I'm always glad to see your smiling face on the blog. You look very happy and I'm sure you are enjoying being with your whole family again!

    Love & Hugs,
    Aunt Lettie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that all is going will for Torie. We miss you guys, but are happy that you are able to be at home as a family. Always remember that you have a special ^^Angel^^ watching over you! Our ^^Angel^^DaNNY. We think and pray for you every day.

    Your RMH friends,
    Cyndi, Duane, Michael and ^^Angel^^DaNNY

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving an "Anonymous" comment, please leave your name so we know who to send happy thoughts back to!