Stacey, being the faithful Mesa State alum that she is, supported the corn stand. Torie, being the faithful corn-eater that she is, did too. Those girls can chow!
Tomorrow Torie, Mama-great, and I head to Denver to The Children's Hospital for IV ERT. We're hoping she does as well with dose #2 as she did with the first one. Her Hickman catheter - an implanted infusion device - works great. It's like a big IV that goes into her chest and ends in the right atrium. These are great for kids...no pokes! Blood can be drawn through it and when it comes time for her stem cell transplant, it will be given through it as well. Lexie is doing a great job flushing it (to prevent blood clots from forming) and Torie doesn't seem to mind it. She doesn't pull on it or mess with it. Not crazy about dressing changes, but at least she loves "banny's" (Bandaids). What a good girl she is.
Thank you all for your comments on Torie's Story. Your well-wishes, kind words, prayers, and support are appreciated more than words can express. Please keep 'em up...we'll take all we can get!
I am doing a test to see if this works...I have set it so everyone can post a comment, even anonymous. They just have to select "anonymous" in "Comment as:" area under the comment box. Hopefully they end by typing their name so you can know who made the comment. I also made it so it would email Cheryl and Dad the comments so you can see in your email when people make comments. I can add more people too if Lexie or Great Grandma wants comments emailed to them too. We will see if it works...
ReplyDeleteLove you- good luck today Torie! We are thinking of you.
-Erin
We had fun on the slide! Torie wasn't even scared about how high up we were. :) Thanks for riding with me Torie. Hope you had a nice trip to Denver this week with your grandmas.
ReplyDeleteStacey
Oh my goodness! I saw your comment on Rylie's page and came to look and teared up looking at another little girl that looks so much like my beautiful Lauren!
ReplyDeleteYou can find info about Lauren at www.LaurenD.webs.com
I've added you guys in my Google Reader, so hopefully I'll be able to keep up with Torie's progress.
Hugs from Illinois!
Kindall Nelson