Torie was very excited to be discharged Friday evening after her IV ERT was done. She tolerated it with no problems. Let's keep it that way! We packed up and left RMH early Saturday morning, caught our flight back to Denver, and headed home. Aunt Collette met us at the airport with my car and presents! Our thanks to "Lettie" and her friend Sheryl...so very kind to think of us.
We met so many wonderful people in Minnesota. Torie's "care team" Dr. Orchard, Teresa, Eileen, Dr. Kendra and Dr. Julie, Marie, Beth, Laura.....so many I can't name them all. The plan now is for Torie to continue IV ERT in Denver at The Children's Hospital until mid-November, then we will return to Minnesota to start stem cell transplant. Very scary, but absolutely the best place to be.
Through all of this I am so thankful for my family. They are the best people in the world. Tom is a wonderful husband...his willingness to support my various travels and holding down the fort while I'm gone. I'm so glad that he loves Torie the same as the other 4 grandkids. My parents are so smart, so strong, and so reassuring. Shaun is just like my dad...a rock. Tough enough to carry everyone else and still so caring. Collette and her family are there for us for anything we need in Denver. And the Flake side is supportive in their well-wishes and prayers - especially Torie's 2 awesome Aunties Heather and Erin. We have friends that we can lean on and for almost anything. I wish it hadn't taken this life-altering event for me to appreciate how many important people I have in my life. All my thanks to all of you.
A quick P.S. - Ronald McDonald house collects can tabs for a money-raiser. Please save your can tabs and I will take them to Minnesota when we go back in November. And don't forget to put your change in the RMH collection boxes at McDonald's if you can. Believe me, it goes to good use!
Thanks for the sweet compliment. :) We sure love you all. Wish I could do more to help. We'll save our pop tabs. Love you tons.
ReplyDeleteCheryl and Tom, Thanks for sharing Tori'S story. Had no idea your family was dealing with so much. Want you to know Scott and I will do everything we can to support your efforts to help your precious grandaughter. Ronald McDonald House is a life saver isn't it. Our family has benefitted from them too.
ReplyDeleteFamily is everything. Go Torie!!! Please keep us posted. Kathy & Scott Hendricks