In my earlier post today I forgot to tell you that Torie got her 15th dose of IV enzyme yesterday. I guess we're just so used to it by now that I didn't think much of it. Either that or with everything else Torie is getting, enzyme seems rather mundane. She is handling Cytoxan well so far. The Docs today are pretty impressed with her! Her labs are great, and she doesn't act like any of this bothering her much. She seems a little bit more pale, and they'll check her blood counts in the morning. She hasn't had a lot of time to get bored with it all yet. Her days have been full with visits from PT (physical therapy), OT(occupational therapy), Child Life, and today by Theresa from Care Partners. This group helps families of kids get breaks! Nice, huh? Theresa, who must have a crystal ball, walked in with an Abbie Cadabbie that sings and talks. Torie went nuts. She was speechless for a few seconds!
Mom and I have gotten settled into our new room at Ronald Mcdonald House, and are getting into somewhat of a routine here...Days for her, nights for me. Thank you so much for your comments and for your happy thoughts, wishes and prayers! The countdown continues...
How cute. I don't know all of these kids "friends". But Abbie must be really cool. Torie sure is excited. I think of you often and love the news about her treatment. I am always amazed at what you and your mom are doing.I was so happy to hear you have your new digs! You deserve everything. If I can help you with anything just let me know. I am sorry that it took something like this for me to get to know you better. You are so great.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete