0...WBC's
8.8...Hemoglobin
4...Platelets
103.8...highest temp today
188...heart rate with that high temp
10...times throwing up today
6...weeks we've been away
250,000...hospital tab for a month
13...hours till Lexie and Scott are here
It's been another rough day. Torie's temp is staying up and Tylenol isn't making much of a difference except to make her throw up. And then we have to do it again. She had a chest X-ray today that didn't show anything, her blood cultures aren't growing, so they drew labs for a ton of viral studies. Those will take a few days to get results back. Torie's mouth is so swollen from the mucositis that we can't see her teeth anymore and it's pretty painful for her. The morphine made her super itchy today so they switched to a Dilaudid infusion and she's doing better with that. She got platelets this morning and I'm guessing she'll get PRBC's tomorrow morning. Her hair is gone now and she's pretty puffy and swollen. She's getting Lasix to get off some of the extra fluid and labetolol to keep her blood pressure down.
She had a couple of hours this afternoon where she felt good enough to open a few cards and play with some stickers. Thank you for sending so many things for her to do! I'm very proud of her shopping ability. She has spent a quarter of a million dollars in 1 month...and without even leaving the room! Impressive! We are very excited to see Lexie and Scott tomorrow. They'll be here for a week. In between heaves today, Torie would say "Mommy Daddy here morrow." She can't wait to see them! We've had quite a few people tell us that Days 7 through 10 to 14 are the worst. I hope that means we're getting close to being done with some of this. I think about times I've said "That was the worst day of my life." I had no idea. We are so grateful for all the support and prayers. It makes such a difference to know how many people care so much for Torie and for the rest of her family. Thank you also for the prayers for Josiah - he's just as rough as Torie. But these two kiddos show such strength everyday and just keep on fighting!
I'm so glad Lexie will be getting there soon, but sure it will be painful for her to see her little girl go through such pain. I can't even imagine! Makes me so sad! We got your cute Valentine's cards and book and I read it to Brielle and talked to her a little about the Ronald McDonald house and she just stared to cry and said she wanted to pray for Torie cause she just knew God would take take of her and make her healthy!!! So we both prayed long and hard for her, I truly believe in miracles! We love you tons!
ReplyDeleteHi Grand Baby Torie. I'm sorry that you and your friend Josiah are not feeling very good. I am looking forward to the time when we can all watch you two angels run and play together in a park on a warm sunny day. Your mommy and daddy miss you so much. I'm glad they will be with you real soon. I can't wait for my turn to see you!
ReplyDeleteI love you sweet Tori!!!
Papa Tom
I'm so sorry to hear she's having a rough time (which I know means the grandmas are having a rough time as well)!! It breaks my heart! At least you know it's normal at this stage, even though it's SO HARD (I can only imagine...). Hopefully better things are on the horizon. (((HUGS))) - you all continue in our thoughts and prayers!
ReplyDeleteHappy Valentines day!!
ReplyDeleteHand in there Torie! You are so brave, I know that Jesus is going to help you get better really soon. Jesus helped my WB count to be .2 today (YEAh), its not much but I am so excitted. I don't think we could feel any sicker so we have to get better, right! I am glad your mommy will be there today, be strong for her.
We love you,
Josiah and family
Lots of HUGS & KISSES for Torie and you two ladies. I'm praying for you all to find some peaceful moments and for Torie to have less side effects to handle. Love to you all.
ReplyDeleteTorie, We are praying you will feel better soon. I know the effects of chemo are no fun. We are coming up there next week on the 21st, to have Wyatt's spine surgery, and hope to meet your mom and dad while they are there. Grow Cells Grow!!!!!
ReplyDelete