Tuesday, March 2, 2010

T+26...Cruisin'!

Today's WBC's dropped a little, 1.0, but her ANC stayed above 500 (780), soooo, after much waiting,
she got to go for a drive! She was so happy to be out in the car, she just laughed! She's not terribly thrilled about the mask, but I think it was worth it. She even took a few steps back to her room. She's awfully wobbly and weak, but everyday I'm amazed by her strength. Her hemoglobin and platelets were low this morning but she pinked up a bit after transfusions. The best news? Torie is 93% engrafted!!! It reminds me how grateful we are for the awesome cord blood she received. I think while Grandpa Flake was blessing Torie, Grandma Flake was stirring some of her own blessings into Torie's new blood!

So far the plan is still for discharge on Thursday or Friday (Thursday would be good!) to go back to RMH. We'll have clinic visits every day, but I'd bet she perks up a lot quicker there. She's already said that she wants to "play with Siah and Elam (Liam)." And hopefully, she'll get to play with Gracie and Wyatt, too! Maybe Rylie can make a quick trip up to complete the party! Please keep up the happy thoughts and prayers, and again, a huge thank you for all you do!

Grow cells, grow! Vic-Torie!

6 comments:

  1. Oh Torie, you look so cool in that pink and blue car! I hope Grandpa and Grandma Flake took some time to look down and watch you be out of your room and driving down the hall,. I'll bet that they did. Finish growing those cells!

    Papa Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Torie!! We knew you could grow those new cells! We hope to be able to meet you before we head back home. I know you will be able to meet Gracie, she's fun to hang out with! Keep cruisen the halls and having fun!

    Todd, Nicole and Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord!! I love your picture in the pink car... we will just have to get one to bring to the RMcD house so we can cruise the halls. Can't wait till your here!! Have a good Enzyme day and rest up for your big departure.
    Hugs,
    Josiah and family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! I'll bet there is a big smile under that mask! What a very cool car! Hope those new cells keep growing so you can all be together at the Ronald McDonald (duck) house!

    Miss & Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such wonderful news. Praise God!

    Glad she's doing better!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Consider the source here, but: when I look at this fabulous picture, I hear some background music....a little guitar rhythm, followed by "Beach Boy" harmony: "round,round,get a round, I get around....""I'm gettin bugged ridin up and down this same ole strip, I gotta find a new place where the kids are hip!" Go Torie!

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving an "Anonymous" comment, please leave your name so we know who to send happy thoughts back to!