Wednesday, June 30, 2010

T+146 Families

There's not much new going here with Torie. Her labs are stable and so is her appetite! Lexie has been very hard at work getting the house ready for Torie to come home. Tomorrow may be the big day. Tom and I just returned from RV'ing in Ouray with our friends the Mazons.

I just wanted to say a little about families. They come in so many sizes and shapes and styles. But they can also come in different places. I'm so lucky to have my family, and to be part of the Flake family. I'm also fortunate to have a group of friends who are like family to me, too. I am blessed to have become part of the Ronald McDonald House family in Minneapolis. In the 6 months that we were there, we shared joys, triumphs, hardships, and tonight we are sharing sorrow, even though some of us are not at the House anymore. Our hearts are breaking with sadness for our dear friend, Cowboy DaNNY and his family. Danny fought so hard, for so long, and he is now at peace. His poor little body is cured and he can rest comfortably.

"Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten." (from Lilo and Stitch)

Danny is ohana. He will never be forgotten and he will live on in the hearts of those whose lives he touched. Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers as they face the days ahead. Ride into the sunset, Cowboy DaNNY. We love you.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about Cowboy Danny. Bless his heart for such a hard fight. I'm sure he's at peace now. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and everyone that knew him.

    I'm happy that you and Tom got to get away for a few days.

    It's very exciting that the house is almost ready. Good for Lexie & Scott. Torie-it will be very special when you get to be with Mommy and Daddy again. It's good news that your labs and appetite are the same!

    Miss and Love you all,
    Aunt Lettie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work Torie with those labs. Steps forward! Vic-Torie!

    I was quite sad last night when I heard that Torie's little RMH friend Danny, went to Heaven. Danny is freed from a long battle. My thoughts and prayers continue for his family as well as for all Torie's MN. friends and families.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love FAMILY! Torie, you have such a wonderful family in Colorado and in lots of far away places like Minnesota and Arizona and other states. Some of your family is on "this side" and some are on " the other side" "just over there" "not far". They all love you so much and want the best for you. You have done so much for so many and you are only three year old! For sure, you are special. We didn't know your friend DaNNY, but we know he is ( not was) a very special little cowboy. We wish his family the very best. They must be wonderful people. Torie, we hope to see you in a few days. We love you, Uncle Eddy and Aunt Lanny

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving an "Anonymous" comment, please leave your name so we know who to send happy thoughts back to!