Wednesday, July 14, 2010

T+160 Better Every Day!

I'm sorry I haven't posted anything for awhile, but there hasn't been a lot going on. Until yesterday. Last week Torie had engraftment levels drawn. These have to be done in Minneapolis, because that's where Torie's donor sample is. By the time the blood is Fed-Ex'd and run, we have to wait longer. Anyway, Teresa called me yesterday with results, and (Drumroll, please!), Torie's engraftment levels are UP! CD3 is up from 33% to a whopping 59% and CD15 is now 100%! I wish I had the words to tell you our joy at hearing this. I jumped up and down and cried. What a relief this news is! Her other labs are looking good, too. Liver enzymes are down in the 20's. Her potassium is still low, 2.6, but it is coming up slowly. Torie's blood pressure is down, and her labetolol was changed from 3 times a day to only 2. WooHoo - Progress! Her weight has come down quite a bit. Since starting her steroid wean, she has slowed down on her eating a bunch. But she's talking, laughing, and playing more. And best of all, her sense of humor is coming back! I think she just feels better. She's starting to act more like her old self. Tom's brother Eddy and his wife Lanny were here last weekend. Torie talked to them more than she has other people in a long time, and we had a great visit with them.

Engraftment is something we'll have to worry about for quite awhile, but we love to see these levels rise. Thanks for the prayers and happy thoughts...we know that you're helping. So, in the meantime...Engraft! Vic-Torie!

5 comments:

  1. We love the good news! That's awesome about your engraftment, Torie. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOO HOO!!! That's great news, we're so happy to hear it!! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I was so excited when I was texted Torie's engraftment levels and I'm still pretty thrilled. You keep up the good work Grand Kid! I always mention engraftment in my prayers, plus other 'Torie' issues. I'm very thankful for the Powers above who are keeping an eye out on Torie as well as her little MN. friends (whether they be at U of M or at home now).

    Vic-Totie! and Engraft!

    Papa Tom

    ReplyDelete
  4. HALLELUJAH!!!!!!! LOVE THE GOOD NEWS....

    KATI

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise the Lord!! We are overjoyed at your news!! We have prayed so much for our triplet ( and will continue), we know the Lord hears. I can't believe it! So glad that her steroid wean is going well and everything is balancing out. We still hope to see you in Aug, but we still have no word yet. May the Lord continue to bless our sweet Torie!

    Lots of love,
    Josiah and family

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving an "Anonymous" comment, please leave your name so we know who to send happy thoughts back to!