Friday, September 24, 2010

T+ 232 Childhood Cancer Awareness

September is National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, and the gold ribbon is the symbol. So for the rest of the month, Torie's Story will be gold for our friends who are or have battled this horrible disease. I waited to post this until today in honor of Liam, who is 4 today. He is doing so well, and I was so glad to be able to see him and his Mom, Diedre, before I left Minnesota. So Happy Birthday, Liam! As we move into October, and everything turns pink, please remember all the kids who are fighting so hard.

Children with cancer are like candles in the wind who accept the possibility that they are in danger of being extinguished by a gust of wind from nowhere, and yet, as they flicker and dance to remain alive, their brilliance challenges the darkness and dazzles those of us who watch their light. (Author unknown)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are leaving an "Anonymous" comment, please leave your name so we know who to send happy thoughts back to!