I have to start this post with a huge apology to Rylie. I was so proud of myself for remembering that her birthday was September 13. We got her card in the mail, and we've been singing "Happy Birthday Rylie" all day. Torie even made her a pretty birthday picture today. Rylie's birthday was yesterday. I am so sorry, Rylie! Check her blog (on the sidebar) for some great pictures of her weekend. Rylie is such an important part of our Hurler family, and we are grateful for the support of her and her family. So, Happy Birthday, Rylie!
Torie's day wasn't much different again. Her fever isn't quite as high. She had a chest X-Ray that really isn't any different than the last one. Dr. Orchard and Dr. Burke are in agreement that they don't want to start more steroids or chemo until she recovers from this infection some. Her ANC today was 1700. Part of me is relieved that they're waiting...she doesn't need to be any more immunosuppressed than she already is. The down side is that waiting extends our time here and away from home. But we always keep in mind that Torie is in the very best place she can be right now. And we'll do whatever needs to be done for Vic-Torie!
Keep fighting Torie!
ReplyDeleteHappy late birthday Rylie!
ReplyDeleteGrand Kid, you get well and keep up fighting those bad bugs! I wish you were all home but where you are at now, is the best place for you. There will be a light at the end of this tunnel, we just can,t see it yet.
I love and miss you!
Papa Tom
Torie,
ReplyDeleteHow nice of you to send Rylie a picture for her birthday-I know she will love it!
Get some rest and start to feel better soon. Your doctors are the best and they will do what is best for you. Remember that you have lots and lots (and lots) of people that love you and are thinking about you every day.
Love & hugs!
Aunt Lettie