Monday, November 15, 2010

T+284 SNOW-vember in Minne-SNOW-ta


There just hasn't been much to post about this week, and I'm still having a hard time sitting at the computer.  The snow started about 2 o'clock in the morning on Saturday, and we ended up with a total of 8 inches by Sunday evening.  What a change from the weekend before when it was 68 and sunny!  About 9:00 Saturday morning, the power went out.  And stayed out for the next 5 hours.  We were lucky - some parts of the Cities were without electricity for 30 hours.  It was a very wet, heavy snow, and we've had freezing temps since.  This morning was definitely challenging as I tried to limp/hop around the car to get the snow off!

 
Torie had OT this morning, and spent the whole time running around and jabbering non-stop.  Then Jim came in for Speech, and she wouldn't say a word.  But she did make some pictures and used the scissors with him!  We left Mayo Playo(Torie's therapies are in the Mayo Building, so we call it "Mayo Playo") and went to BMT Clinic.  They are pleased with how Torie is doing, and today her hemoglobin AND hematocrit were WNL!  Within Normal Limits!  Finally!  This is the first time they've been in normal range since January before she started Campath.  They were 10.5 and 31.8, and platelets came up to 118.  Even WBC's are up - 4.8, and today she got her Flu shot.  We don't know if she'll have any benefit from the vaccine or not, but I feel better trying.  The Rituxan that she got for the Evan's Syndrome wipes out B-cells.  And B-cells are the targets for the flu vaccine.  We're hoping that since it's been 6 weeks since her last dose of Rituxan that she's made a few B-cells by now.  They did labs today to check and see where her engraftment levels are at, and they want to "keep an eye on her" for at least 2 more weeks.  So we are here through Thanksgiving, but they are hoping to have us home by Christmas.  Send some prayers and happy thoughts Torie's way for high engraftment levels if you get a chance!  We love and miss you all...Engraft! Engraft! Vic-Torie!

6 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that hematology numbers are good. Let's see what engraftment levels show next. "Engraft Little one, engraft!" Prayers & good, happy thoughts have got her this far, please continue them as I will.

    Hey Torie-nado, you and the Grands may not be home for thanksgiving this year but I still know what I am thankful for. I am so thankful for you and I am thankful for our family. I ask for a lot from Heavenly Father but I also thank Him a lot.

    Vic-Torie! Grand Kid Torie and engraft! We ask for really high levels of engraftment and we ask for Vic-Torie!

    Papa Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Miss Torie,
    So glad that you are doing better. Wish you could be home for thanksgiving but hopefully soon. I love your pictures on here, do you like playing in the snow? That is something we don't get to much of down here but Minnesota makes up for it. Take care of your grandma's and don't let them go crazy to much :). We sure miss you and are sending lots of prayers and love your way!

    Triplet Si and family
    P.s. mommy is making me go potty on that little chair... can you talk her out of it? I guess it isn't to bad when I get some candy when I actually use it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Torie! Keep up the good numbers-work on the engraftment one!

    Sounds like you are doing really well at Mayo Playo. Pictures and scissors with the ST sounds fun too!

    Hope you are helping Grandma get around with her bum knee-is she still on crunchers?

    Sad to hear that you won't be home for Thanksgiving but, hopefully, for Christmas!

    Love and miss you guys!
    Aunt Lettie

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh princess torie...i'm so happy to hear about your h&h being wnl...this is awesome...i can feel that your are on your way up on life's roller coaster...just keep climbing k? we got a tiny bit of wet snow yesterday, maybe its waiting for you to get home...then your & papa tom can build a snowman :) :) this has been a really long year but i'm very thankful that i have you & your family in my life to ride that roller coaster of life ... sending happy, postive & warm thoughts your way........kati

    ReplyDelete
  5. Torie - so glad to hear you are doing well! We all miss you and your grandmothers so much. Keep growing those cells. Always thinking of you and your family and sending my happy thoughts your way. Cheryl - I hope your knee is getting better. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Torie,

    We're hoping you'll be home for Christmas, too. I'm glad you're enjoying your therapies. You are such a cutie! Love all the photos.

    Cheryl,

    Heal quickly! Man, really, really sorry to hear about your race down the stairs. Just what you needed, right?!

    Lots of love,
    Jade, Rylie, and Lyle

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving an "Anonymous" comment, please leave your name so we know who to send happy thoughts back to!