Thursday, November 25, 2010

T+294 Giving Thanks

 Happy Thanksgiving to all!  Here at the house they pulled out all the stops...the cooking started last night and continued through the day.  They roasted 16 turkeys - all the ovens in all the kitchens were in use.  And dinner was delicious!  One more silver lining:  we didn't have to cook or clean up!



Thanksgiving last year was so different.  We were at home, with our family, but everything with Torie was so unsure.  We were preparing to start this journey through transplant, and we were so scared.

This year we have so much to be thankful for.  Torie is still with us.  She's still fighting, and still so tough.  Tom and my Dad and Shaun have held things down while we are here.  Lexie is so brave, and she is handling being away from her baby girl as well as she can.  My family, especially my Aunts Karen and Collette, and Heather and Erin, have been unbelievably supportive.  We have friends that send prayers and good wishes and happy 
 thoughts daily.  I can't imagine how people can go through this without all the support that we are blessed with.

We are thankful for the family that we have here at Ronald McDonald House; and we are fortunate to have our Hurler's family - The Carman's, The Hays', and the Blancheri's, to mention a few.  We are grateful for the friends we have made while we've been here. 

We wish you all a Thanksgiving as blessed as ours is.  Thank you for all you do.  And thanks for keeping the prayers and happy thoughts coming for Vic-Torie!  




5 comments:

  1. We Love our little miss Mys-Torie!!

    Happy Gobble Gobble Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, Torie! Your hair is amazing. I LOVE it. And I'm so glad you are eating some of that pumpkin pie. It seems like there were/are a few to eat.

    We are so thankful we are able to follow your journey. Hopefully this time next year you will be celebrating Thanksgiving in Colorado with all these uncertain health concerns behind you. We are praying for this.

    Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Torie, it looks like you all had a good Thanksgiving. That is really nice! I like the bottom picture the most.

    Grand Kid, lets work on 'steps forward' o.k.? Let's do more Vic-Torie and not much more of Mis-Torie. I say my prayers every day and I always thank our Father in Heaven for you.

    Papa Tom

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love your hair!! It is so beautiful! I am sorry you couldn't be home with your momma on Thanksgiving, but it looks like you had a good day anyway. This year we have lots to be thankful for. We have had our ups and downs and will have many more I am sure. But the Lord has blessed us so much and we are here to have this thanksgiving! We are so thankful for you and your grandma's too! We love you all and are sending our thoughts and prayers!

    God bless you!
    Josiah and family

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks like she has some crazy thick hair... It looks like you take after your Aunt Heather... :) Gotta love the thick hair! I'm thanksful for you, you sweet like thing! Love you tons! We sent you some pictures I hope you get them soon. We miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving an "Anonymous" comment, please leave your name so we know who to send happy thoughts back to!