Friday, February 4, 2011

T+365 Merry 1st Un-Birthday!

Can you believe it?  What a year it's been!  One year ago today Torie got that little bag of "new blood" that would change the rest of her life.  We are still grateful beyond words for the mother that donated her baby's umbilical cord blood.

 Many things have changed in the last year... Torie's DNA, no pacifier, and lots of hair!  Or as Torie says, "Not have a bink any more" and "My crazy hair."  We had a little un-birthday party, and we are very happy that Diedre and Liam were able to be here for it.  (Liam had to get a new port.  He's doing great and every time we see him he's grown a few more inches.  It is so nice to see them!)  We had to "fire" Torie's candle and sing a few times so she could "blow the fire out."  After her party was Pre-School and she again had a blast.  She loves Katy almost as much as school, and she always wants to go back after her nap. 

Today was also Josiah's 1st Un-Birthday, and he should be here tomorrow if the Tennessee snow isn't too bad.  We are SOOO looking forward to seeing him and "the Mommy and the Daddy."  Zachary had his transplant today and is doing well.  Three Hurler kids with the same transplant day.  How cool is that?   

Again, we never would've gotten through this last year without all of your support, happy thoughts and prayers.  I will never have the words to express our gratitude.  Know that we think of all of you often, and how much we appreciate all you do.  With your help every day we get closer to Vic-Torie!

7 comments:

  1. HAPPY HAPPY UN-BIRTHDAY....PRINCESS TORIE YOU GET MORE BEAUTIFUL EACH & EVERY DAY.....WARM & POSITIVE THOUGHTS....KATI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops-I'm a day late for the unbirthday. Happy Belated Unbirthday! It looks like you had lots of fun!

    What a year it has been for all of you! I admire you for your patience, perseverance, positive additude and so many other things that it took to get you this far. Keep up the good numbers and maybe we'll see you back in Colorado soon!

    Love & Hugs!
    Aunt Lettie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so good to see your sweet smile today triplet girl. I love to see how good you are doing and am really excitted that you might go home this week. We will pray for that and mommy, daddy and I will look forward to spending some time with ya'll before you leave. I am so glad GOd put us together for this journey. We love ya'll!

    Josiah and the mommy and daddy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Un Birthday!!!!!!!!! To see that "crazy hair" little girl smile and sing makes the roller coaster ride this year so worth it. Thank you Cheryl for the blog. I'm still in awe of Torie's courage and the two remarkable grandmas! Torie all your Chicago relatives fingers and toes are crossed that you'll be heading home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy late Un-Birthday Grand Kid Torie! Good and happy thoughts and prayers that you will all be heading home with in a week. I'm very excited!

    Vic-Torie! little one Vic-Torie!

    Papa Tom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Un-Birthday Torie! Sorry it's a few days late. I can't wait to see you when you get home :)

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy UN-BIRTHDAY...I hope you enjoyed the package we sent to you and I am so glad you get to go home!!!!

    WOOOOO HOOOO

    We miss you!
    We love you!

    ALL OUR LOVE

    Kim and Joseph

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving an "Anonymous" comment, please leave your name so we know who to send happy thoughts back to!