Monday, April 8, 2013

T+1159 The Tooth Fairy

 Torie went to the dentist in January and they told us she had a loose tooth!  She is getting pretty good at dentist chairs now.  Her 1st visit, last year didn't go well, and she had her first cleaning under anesthesia in the OR.  Torie is not fond of having people look in her mouth, and she hates lying down for exams.  Unfortunately, the dentist is both at the same time!  But this time she actually sat in the chair and had her teeth cleaned.  She still has no cavities, just some demineralization.  I'm so glad she loves to brush!

So anyway, we talked about her loose tooth. A lot.  "Mama, I have a loose tooth."
       "I know.  Pull it out."
       "I can't.  It's stuck in my mouth."

And so on.  Frequently!  We left Arizona on February 5 to head home.  The conversation started again...
       "Mama, I have a loose tooth."
       "I know.  Pull it out."
       "I already did."
       "WHAAAT?  Where is it?"  (We were in the car and I was picturing tearing it apart to find that 1st precious baby tooth!)
       "Right here.  I have to put it under my pillow so the Tooth Fairy will come see me."

And that was that.  No tears, no crying, no bleeding, just that precious little baby tooth.  The Tooth Fairy did come and "Mama, the Tooth Fairy left me 2 moneys!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are leaving an "Anonymous" comment, please leave your name so we know who to send happy thoughts back to!