Thursday, April 25, 2013

T+1176 Six Cakes

About a year ago, Torie said, "Mama, my next birthday will be 6.  I think I need 6 cakes."  And so, of course, she got them.  And this year she did a much better job of ordering them.  She said "I need pink and purple cakes.  They need to sparkle."  And they did! 

I can't believe that it has been 6 years since I met Torie.  She was born by C-section because she was breech.  Lexie and Dr. Ellinwood let me come into the OR suite.  She was delivered and handed to the attending pediatrician.  She swaddled her and handed her to me.  I loved her right away, but I never imagined the road we'd travel together!  Kind people often say, "She is so lucky to have you and your family."  But really, we are the lucky ones.  We are so fortunate that she picked us!  We treasure her every day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are leaving an "Anonymous" comment, please leave your name so we know who to send happy thoughts back to!