Monday, January 25, 2010

Admit Day

Torie is packed up and ready to go check in to the hospital for her stem cell transplant. The next time she comes back to Ronald McDonald House, she'll have new blood!
Torie and I are now in room 506 on 5D...the BMT unit. She just fell asleep so I'm gonna get some updating done. She's now got fluids running into both ports of her line, and she's getting her first dose of fluconazole. It's an IV medicine given to prevent fungal infections. Tomorrow she'll get her first dose of chemo. We can now begin our countdown to transplant day. Some of you have already been through the countdown so you can well understand how we're feeling. Transplant day is counted as Day 0. These 10 days before are the negative days. So today is T-10 (transplant minus 10). The days after transplant are the positive days. Teresa and Marie (social worker) have both said that the minus days are much harder and longer than the plus days. I can't tell you how I long to be on that side.

OK. On to some better news...tomorrow is moving day! We'll be moving to a room in House 4! Hooray! Thanks to all who made this work for us! Mom has been doing some cleaning and packing tonight and I'll go back tomorrow afternoon and get us moved. I know I'm going to be floored by all we've amassed in 3 weeks.

Our oldest Grandson Chase (Erin and Jason's) shaved his head for Torie today! He saw the blog last night and asked if could go today to join the Baldies! He has always been such a kind and considerate kid. He's certainly proving to be on his way to being a kind and considerate teenager! I am so proud to know him.

Yesterday Mom was cleaning out daytimer and she found an old envelope. She started putting pages in the envelope for Torie. She was so happy! She loves mail! I'm putting our address on the sidebar so if you have some junk mail or something and feel like sticking it in an envelope, Torie would love it!

5 comments:

  1. I love you for ever, I love you for always, my baby you'll b. I love you Torie snow! Love mommy and daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rylie said "I want to say hi!" when she saw Torie's photo when I pulled up the blog. So, "hi" from Rylie! :)

    Yea! Glad to hear you got a larger room in House 4. And I'm so glad you have some help getting everything moved and cleaned.

    We're still thinking of you constantly and hoping for the very best new blood for Torie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking of you all today and wishing you a smooth 10 days! You are all so brave! Love the new hair styles!
    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are all in lots of thoughts and prayers! I'm so glad you get a larger room! And all the baldies look GREAT!! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you so much for posting an address.. we can't wait to send our "baby Torie" some mail! Please give her love from everyone...

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving an "Anonymous" comment, please leave your name so we know who to send happy thoughts back to!