Thursday, January 14, 2010
And So It Begins
We started out the day with an early appointment with ENT to see if Torie's ear tubes are plugged. Some of you know about ENT experiences at U of M...not so great. But she saw Dr. Christiansen, who was awesome. He even sat and talked to her and showed her his light before he did anything. So different than his colleague. Night and day difference! He was able to unplug her tube within 10 minutes of us checking in, and no trauma! For Torie or us. I'm SO glad we didn't have to see The Other One. And I'm so glad to have an option here. Someone some of you may want to check into. After that, it was up to BMT infusion clinic for Torie's 1st dose of Campath. It is an injection into the subcutaneous tissue. We stayed for 2 hours after and Torie did fine. Sleepy from Benadryl, but otherwise okay. We came back to RMH and she settled in for a nap, but woke up with a fever and barfing. The first of many times, I'm afraid. After some Tylenol she perked up and was back to her happy little self. She even had some dinner and some Puffcorn and talked on the phone to her Mommy and Daddy. They miss her so much. She's now sacked out in the bathroom (and even though I continue to complain about this, we're not the only ones. If the closet was bigger she'd be in there like Rylie and Gracie were!), but before she went to bed we read the Sesame Street Live! program about a hundred times and talked about all the characters and songs and dances. Oh how I wish I could be like Torie. If something gets you down, get over it and bounce on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Cheryl. Thanks for your updates. Torie's attitude is a blessing! Campath, ugh! Tylenol, yea! It's all means to a very good thing. Life-giving enzyme. We know how hard it is to watch the drugs go into your innocent child. Just keep your eyes on the prize. Enzyme! :)
ReplyDeleteRylie sends Torie "knuckles."