Saturday, January 16, 2010

Campath's Done

Torie got her third and final dose of Campath today. She had a little rash this morning, but it went away as soon as she got Benadryl and hydrocortisone. We were awake at o'dark thirty this morning, but we got a great nap after clinic. Here's the highlight of the day..I finally found a car wash! Hooray! (There was a nasty mess of salt and "scrime" for the trip out here.) BMT life is much different than life on the outside. Going to the car wash was a big deal! Torie developed a rash this afternoon. It's just on her face, with no fever. She got some Benadryl, and now she's crashed out. Poor Spots. But she doesn't care. She jabbers and plays and keeps us entertained. We don't have any clinic visits now until Tuesday. It will be super nice to just hang out and relax. I told Torie I'd pay her 5 bucks to sleep till 10. Time and a half till noon!

3 comments:

  1. Great to have the first step over with! Good news on the car wash. It must mean that it isn't too cold there. :)

    Lots of love!
    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that things are moving along well. Enjoy the free time from the hospital. Sounds like its time to do some more exploring at the MOA! Still Praying!

    Todd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck on the sleeping in. I'm glad no fever so far and hopefully it continues thru the night. Our prayers are with you guys I'm sorry we haven't checked sooner. Its amazing how the little things are so big during transplant(like the car wash) Woo Hoo! I hope you are enjoying the RMH I know we sure were thankful for it when Degan went thru transplant. Do they have the .25 pops there and the big bakery cookies? BIG BONUS Keep you high on sugar when you have rough nights-ha Our prayers are with you guys and we will be in touch.
    Lori Miles
    Grand Jct. CO

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving an "Anonymous" comment, please leave your name so we know who to send happy thoughts back to!