The last few days have flown by. It was so nice to have Shaun here. It was a definite break for Mom and I, and Torie always has such fun with him. He is an awesome Uncle and the best brother anyone could ever hope for. He was lucky enough to be able to go to 2 Clinic days with us...Friday Torie's ANC dropped to 816, so she got G-CSF. Sunday they dropped again to 896 so she got another dose then. Her platelets are holding steady at about 30, but her hemoglobin is dropping - 8.3 on Sunday. She'll probably get RBC's tomorrow at Clinic. Her engraftment studies from last week are back...94%! Yippee! Now if those darn WBC's would start kicking in...Grow Cells, Grow! Vic-Torie!
Today is T+46. Two months ago I couldn't even think about Torie's Birthday. Going in to BMT with all of it's unknowns is so scary. This birthday feels like such a huge milestone. I think we were celebrating even more than Torie - we have her here with us. It's so hard on Lexie and Scott to not be here today, but now that she's gotten this far and done so well, I know that there will be so many more birthdays to have with her. Thank you to everyone for remembering Torie on her Birthday and all her other days. She sends a huge "Tank you" to you all!
Happy birthday, Torie! We wish we could have celebrated with you. You look so pretty in your cute dress. Hope you enjoyed that yummy-looking cake. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Torie!!! I love all the wonderful pictures and am excited to hear about the 94%. She looks great, especially with her lovely princess hat.
ReplyDeleteDon't forget to go to Ben & Jerry's tomorrow the 23rd for Free Cone Day!! And make sure you get plenty of pictures :)
Happy Birthday, Torie! It looks like you had a wonderful Elmo party! I'm so glad your Uncle Shaun was able to be there with you, too!
ReplyDeleteGood news about the 94% grafting! We'll all keep wishing and hoping for those WBCs. Grow cells, grow!
Love you all!
Aunt Lettie
Super Happy Birthday to Torie! What a fun day - I'm glad she (and you guys) could enjoy it!
ReplyDeleteI lied about the Free Cone Day. It's today! My computer had the wrong date. LOL
ReplyDeleteHey big girl, I am so sorry we missed your party. We really hoped that we could catch the end but clinic seems to never end sometimes. I am so glad you had such a fun party, you looked so pretty... just like a princess. I am also glad we could at least be here and get to know you for your #3 birthday. You and your grandma's have been such a blessing to have here. WE love you big girl and keep getting stronger. I hear no TPN.. Yeah!! You keep eating now ya hear! :)
ReplyDeleteGod bless,
Josiah and family
It sounds like you had a really good Birthday. That's great!! Your Grandma Cheryl has always done well at throwing a dandy party. Torie, there will be many more Birthdays to come. I won't miss the next one! See you and the Grands soon. I can't wait!!
ReplyDeletePapa Tom
Happy Birthday Torie. I know Uncle Shaun enjoyed his cake... I hope he left you some. Our best to your family to.
ReplyDelete