Monday, March 8, 2010

T+32 and Meds


These are the medicines that Torie takes in a day. The bag is her TPN (Bag O'Dinner) that comes from Home Infusion everyday. I add the MultiVitamins and Vitamin K, then it runs over night on the CADD pump. I picked up all of her meds from the Discharge Pharmacy on Thursday before we left. I got 2 bags, one of meds that have to stay in the fridge, one of meds that aren't. Once again, Torie has out-shopped me. $3700.00 for TWO bags. Do you know how many Macy's bags I could've gotten for $3700.00? I wish I owned one of the big drug companies...I could spend more time at Macy's! Her GenGraf (cyclosporine - she'll be on this for 6-9 months) was $885.00 and the VFend (voriconozole) was $1700.00. And that's just for 1 month! Incredible. As overwhelmed as I was by all of this, here is Torie's medication schedule:
0800: Amlodipine, Bumex, Labetolol, Metolazone, CellCept, Protonix, Ursodiol, GenGraf, VFend, and Bactrim (on Saturday and Sunday)
1200: Bumex
1400: CellCept, Ursodiol
1600: GenGraf
1800: Bumex, Metolazone, Protonix, Bactrim (Sat/Sun)
1900: TPN
2000: Amlodipine, Labetolol, CellCept, Ursodiol, VFend
2400: GenGraf
And then she has Zofran, Visteril, Phenergan, Benadryl and Tylenol as needed. And she's been needing a combination of all of them! Even more overwhelming. Every time I turn around, more meds are due! This is how we spend our days. And at Clinic every morning between the 0800 and noon meds!

Today Torie's WBC's were 4.5 and her ANC is 3510. We are hoping and praying that these stay up, 2 more days and she'll be able to stop the GCSF that she gets at Clinic. Then maybe, if all her other numbers are looking good, we'll get a day off like Josiah! We have big plans for our day off...Pajama Day! Torie is still a bit dehydrated, so today she got a couple more fluid boluses, and they cut down on her diuretics a bit. Hooray! She hasn't thrown up since this morning, so hopefully we're turning another corner. She has kept down milk, and tonight at dinner she wanted to eat! First time since Thursday. She had a bite of chip, a bite of Sloppy Joe, and a bite of watermelon! Yippee! We just keep counting these baby steps! It takes a long time, but we'll get there! Thank you so much for sticking with us and for keeping with the chant...
Grow cells, Grow! Vic-Torie!


6 comments:

  1. Hey Torie, I'm so impressed with your eating! Keep it up. The faster you get off that TPN, the better! We are still praying for a fast recovery so we can see you back here in Colorado.

    Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unbelievable! I know "Baxter" is on some of those drugs but I'm not related-too bad!

    Keep up the good work, Torie (and grandmas)! I'm really hoping that the worst is behind you!

    Love,
    Aunt Lettie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Torie! I love those numbers coming up... also taking a bite is a huge hurdle. Good job big girl. I miss seeing you even though we are just next door but I know our bodies need to get stronger. Soon we will be playing in the halls together.... life long friends we will always be.
    Hugs to you and your Grandmas :)
    Josiah and family

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh she's so lucky to have grandma there to take care of her. Saying prayers, she gets well fast, and comes home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go Torie, Go! You and the 'Grands' are in my and Papa Dick's thoughts constantly.

    Grand Baby Torie, I can't wait till all of you come back home to our Rocky Mountains.

    Grow cells, grow! Vic-Torie!

    Papa Tom

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is crazy all those med's... I just hope they make her 100% better. :) We sure love her.

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving an "Anonymous" comment, please leave your name so we know who to send happy thoughts back to!