Dinnertime! Torie ate grilled cheese and spaghettio's for dinner tonight - just a couple of bites but she keeps trying. And she's still drinking lots of milk...26 ounces today! Some of the swelling in her gums (because of mucositis) is going down and we're seeing a few more teeth. We've been staying in our room for dinner so that Torie doesn't have to wear her mask. She's so good about leaving it on. When we go to Clinic she can take it off in the back infusion room. As soon as we get there, she says "take mask off inna room and drink pop?" and then she'll say "Torie take mask off at Ronald McDonald House." She doesn't pull at it or complain. What a sweet girl she is.
She woke up jabbering this morning and even did a few laps around the room, then told me "Torie running fast!" She still doesn't want to talk on the phone or to anyone else, but I think she's working up to it.
Today Torie's WBC's dropped to 2.0 with an ANC of 144o. This is down quite a bit, even from yesterday when she was 2.6 and 2054. The plan is for her to get more GCSF to encourage her WBC's to come back up tomorrow. Her other labs are looking good, especially BUN (43!) and Creatinine (0.47 - back in normal range). Although it's discouraging to see her counts drop this much, it is also completely expected and not a huge surprise. Hopefully her new cells will start getting with it and GROW!
Normally waiting at Clinic is boring, but not today! Josiah and his Mom were there at the same time, and I treasure every minute I can talk with her, and we love seeing Si - he looks so good! We saw Gracie for a minute this morning, and we got to meet Chance today. He is here from North Dakota for his 2 year post-BMT evaluation. He is so cute and doing so well. Major Hurler's takeover at Clinic today! Meeting Rylie, Wyatt, Gracie, and Chance gives us so much hope for the Torie's future. And it makes it feel like we did the right thing bringing her here. It's been so hard to be so far from home, and away from our family and friends. Torie misses her Mommy and Daddy and they are so lonely for her. But I truly believe that this is the very best place that she can be right now. If I can ask again, please remember Torie and Josiah, and wish and pray for more cells...especially those WBC's. Lots of marshmallows for the blood soup!
Grow Cells, Grow! Vic-Torie! Grow Cells, Grow! Vic-Torie!
Oh Torie, those are nice pictures of you eating some dinner! I miss you sweet Angel but I will be seeing you and the 'Grands' pretty soon. Keep working on growing your new cells. Lots and lots of cells! I love Grand Baby.
ReplyDeletePapa Tom
Wonderful pictures-way to go Torie! Laps around the room must mean you are feeling much better!
ReplyDeleteYou are absolutely in the right place and doing the right thing even though we all miss you very much. Keep growing those cells!
Love,
Aunt Lettie
Such a sweet girl! Good to hear she's running around. :-)
ReplyDelete~Julie
Grow those Marshmallows girl!! We need our immune systems to kick in. I didn't have to have my G-CSF today but my ANC is 1.4. It makes us just remember to pray for you more. SO glad we get to have little visits here in the RMcD house, I guess we see each other more in the clinic. Also glad to see you eating a little... one day at a time is what we are doing. We'll have to share a bag of Cheetoes soon, of course with gloves on :) . Love to you and your Grandma's
ReplyDeleteJosiah and family