Torie and Bitty are ready for bed in their matching "wammies"! Good night to everyone from all of us!
Friday, June 4, 2010
T+120 & An Evening at the Zoo
We started the day off at Clinic and Torie's labs are looking pretty good. Her hemoglobin came up to 9.9, electrolytes are good, her magnesium is stable and Creatnine is normal. Her BUN is rising - up to 35 - but it could be from steroids. Her blood pressure is good on her 3 different medicines. The protien in her urine is down from 300 to 10, and Protein to Creatnine ratio is still high at 1.97, but two weeks ago it was 39, and last week it was 43. We'll take 1.97! Her weight was back up to 14.1 kg, and Wednesday is was 13.6. She doesn't seem to be puffy. I think it's food. She is eating everything in sight! Mornings have been rough ever since chemo, but the last few days she's wanting to eat when she gets up. This morning she had 16 ounces of milk before we got to Clinic. Jerry the Dietician recommended changing her tube feeding to just over night, and maybe she'll be done with that by the beginning of next week. We will see Dr. Orchard Monday. I'm not making plans to go home until I see the Minnesota state line in my rearview mirror!
This evening was DreamNight at the Minnesota Zoo. It's a private event for kids with special healthcare needs and their families. They provided admission and dinner, and RMH had a bus for all of us to go. It was really nice, and the Zoo closed to the public at 6:00, so there weren't many people there from 6 to 8 when we left. We had a great time!
When Torie was still in the hospital during transplant, our friend Shirley sent her an American Girls doll catalogue. Torie really liked looking at the baby dolls -Bitty Babies. Since there is an American Girl store at Mall of America, I told her I would get her a Bitty Baby when she got out of the hospital. When Shaun was here right before Torie's birthday, we went to MOA. She saw the store and said "Torie out of hospital. Mama get Torie a baby." And of course I did. The Easter Bunny (AKA the Mama-Great Bunny) brought matching outfits for Torie and Bitty. We think they are pretty cute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Grand Kid! I am very happy to hear that your lab values and blood pressure are better and I'm happy that you are eating good.
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work!
I hope that real soon we can all go to the Denver Zoo again. That was fun! We need to go camping too!
Keep getting better Torie and I'm looking for the day when our family is back together. I love you and miss you!
Papa tom
princess torie..you look so beautiful with your baby...and i'm really happy that you got to go to the zoo.....keep getting better so you can come home .....
ReplyDeletekati
The photos are adorable. You have a stylin' girl on your hands! The zoo night sounds fun. I'm hoping you see the MN sign in your rearview mirror soon. Have a good weekend!
ReplyDeleteTorie is such a cutie with her doll and matching clothes! I love it!!! :) We continue to root and pray for you guys - can't wait till you see the Minnesota state line in your rear view mirror!!
ReplyDeleteGood news that the lab numbers are so much better! So happy that you got to go to the zoo! It was really nice to see a picture with a smile-your baby Bitty and you make a very cute pair!
ReplyDeleteLots of love and hugs! Hope you get to head home soon!
Aunt Lettie
Love your labs, love the pictures and love to think you might get to go home soon. We were begining to think that you would be there when we came back in Aug. Do ya'll still come back for your 6m. check? Would love to see you ... but only if it was because you came back from home. Miss you all and still praying for you everyday.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Carman crew
Yeah Torie. Love that your labs are getting better. Wish mine were. Glad you got to go to the zoo. Your Baby is so cute and you are too. Love the matching outfits. SURE HOPE YOU GET TO GO HOME SOON WILL KEEP MY FINGERS CROSSED AND CONTINUE THE PRAYERS.
ReplyDeleteGlad you got to get out and about. I bet Torie loved the Zoo! I hope you are seeing the Minnesota State Line soon :)
ReplyDeleteThose are adorable photos! :) Way to go, Torie! You're all doing a great job!
ReplyDeleteJanell
(IMD Clinic, Denver)