Tuesday, June 8, 2010
T+124 Blessings
Things here are pretty much the same; Torie's eating. And eating. I know this blog is supposed to be about her, but I'm going to take a few minutes to tell you about some things that I am blessed with. These last 6 months have been hard. But I have so many things to be grateful for. Most importantly, Torie is still with us. I'm so grateful for my family. I have the best parents, brother, daughter, and husband in the world. I have family and friends who have supported us through all this, like Erin and Heather, and my Aunt Collette. And so many others. Torie has been in the care of amazing people. And I have found friends here at Ronald McDonald House that I will have forever. Even when I have felt so alone and far away, there are people here who understand. You know how sometimes someone will say "Oh, I know exactly what you mean."? And they have no clue? Not here. People here know how it feels. I am so lucky to have the friendship of Diedre, the Hansen's, the Larson's, Kim and Pat, and most especially the Carman's. We have our friends Baby Sydney, and McKenzie, and so many others. We have experienced things that most people will never know. I know we are all changed by our experiences here, and we are different than when we arrived. But I know that my time here has been so much easier because of them.
Girl's Night Out...Me, Diedre (Liam's mom) and Cyndi (Danny's mom). What a pleasure to be able to get out and enjoy an evening!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It IS all about Torie but without you guys she wouldn't have been able to come this far. You all are a true inspiration to the rest of us. I know we blame "Garney" for our hips and thighs but she was also very strong, good with wordd and had a great sense of humor! Cheryl-I think you got all of those traits from her. I'm happy you got a night out and hope that you will be headed home soon.
ReplyDeleteLove & Hugs!
Aunt Lettie
Love the picture!! SO glad that ya'll got to go out for a much needed time away. Still praying for ya'll and can't wait to hear the news next week that your goin home ;).
ReplyDeleteGod bless ya,
Josiahs crew
I'm glad for the support system and friends you have there in Minnesota. 'Birds of a feather'. These are tough times with ups and downs but hopefully soon, you will all be back in Colorado and home. I am certainly way ready for all of you to be back here! I miss you all very much.
ReplyDeleteTom