Monday, June 14, 2010
T+130 Not Yet...
Dr. Orchard doesn't feel that Torie is quite yet good to go. Her belly is still really big, and her breathing is pretty fast. Her chemistry's don't look quite as good as they did...CO2 and BUN up, liver enzymes up, but her WBC's are great and so is her ANC. Her hemoglobin is up to 10.9, and her platelets are still over 200. Her engraftment level has gone up...28% on CD3, and 92% on CD15. They'll check another one on Wednesday to make sure that she is continuing to trend upwards. She is still eating ALL the time, but even with that, her weight was down to 15.8kg. They are shocked at Clinic when they hear what she has eaten - this morning she'd had 24 ounces of milk, 16 ounces of apple juice, 2 eggs, 2 pieces of sausage - all before we got there at 9:30! She started on Reglan today to see if that will help with moving. Dr. Orchard says "She makes me nervous." If that's what he's feeling, I'm willing to trust it. He is so good at what he does that if he thinks we need to stay, I can't argue. Torie has a CatScan of her chest and abdomen at 7:00 tomorrow. Hopefully it will just show a bunch of poo, but we'll find out at Clinic on Wednesday. If that's all it is, I hope we'll be able to leave Thursday morning. Thanks for all the happy thoughts and prayers and the words of encouragement you leave in your comments...they are all appreciated!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad 1/2 of her is doing better but sad the other 1/2 isn't :( I bet the doctors there are the best so at least she is well taken care of (looking on the bright side)
ReplyDeleteHey Miss Torie, There is lots of good food in Colorado. If I remember right, your Papa Tom is a great cook. I'll bet he would cook up some good food for you. But you have got to get back there first. I'm sure that will happen soon! Torie, come to the Ranch and play with lots of your cousins. You all are in our thoughts and prayers many time each day. See ya in Colorado and at the Ranch. Uncle Eddy
ReplyDeleteI truely apologize I dont want to be the negative voice - but if possible ask Dr.Orchard to not keep Torie on reglan past a week to 10 days as it can and does cause some pretty significant irreversible neurologic problems if used to long. Bentyl is a similar drug without the neurologic effects.
ReplyDeletePrayers,
Erica
www.caringbridge.org/wi/ericathiel
I'm sorry, that's got to be frustrating and disheartening, even though you know you're in the best place for her right now! We haven't forgotten about you, we keep praying for you each day!!!
ReplyDeleteBest to go along with Dr. Orchard's feelings even if it sets you back a few days. Hope the CatScan and lab work goes well and that you can head home soon.
ReplyDeleteAs always, you all in in our thoughts and prayers! Love to you all!
Aunt Lettie
Hi Torie. I'm really wanting you all to come home but I know Dr. Orchard needs you to be ready to come home. He's brought you this far.
ReplyDeleteYour engraftment levels look good. Hurray! Keep up the good work. You need to increase your output over intake but I still love to hear how good you are eating. Maybe your Papa Tom needs some steroids. No, just need family home. Soon!
Papa Tom
I had so planned to wish Cheryl Happy Birthday on Saturday -- but missed it! Anyway, happy birthday NOW!
ReplyDeleteWell Miss Torie -- do your stuff! You continue to surprise us. Surely is best for Dr. Orchard to feel good about sending you home -- then you ALL can feel good about it too. I know how hard it must be to keep hoping -- but it WILL happen.
Our thoughts and prayers are surely with you!
Love, Aunt Lanny
Torie,
ReplyDeleteI miss seeing you every night at Supper. We miss you and your family, but it is so nice to be back home in PA. McKenzie & I really hope that you get to go home real soon and hopefully today. I hope Grandpa keeps up that good cooking.....Did you like the Chocolate Chip Waffles we left you with Grandpa?
Take care and keep getting better. We miss everyone in Minnesota.....
Love,
The Gray's