Friday, June 18, 2010

T+134 Welcome to Colorado!

Last night in Lincoln we had huge lightning and thunderstorms, and this morning we found out that we were just ahead of a record-breaking number of tornadoes for Minnesota. We are hoping and praying that all our friends are safe and sound. We left this morning with dark skies and wind, but by the time we reached Kearney, we had brilliant blue skies, and not a cloud in sight. This is the first time we've seen this in 6 months!
Torie did great, as usual. She had 475 miles of chips, string cheese, gummy worms, turkey,and milk. We crossed into "Colorful Colorado" and saw these lumpy things on the horizon... our beautiful Rocky Mountains! I cried at the state line...what a relief to have been so far, and to be returning. Just as relieving was to be here with Uncle Shaun. He has been our rock through all this. Since the beginning, he has given Torie, and the rest of us, 100% of his support. Torie knew exactly where we were, and even from a block away said, "There Uncle Shaun house!" And now, a good night to all, and Vic-Torie!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so glad that you will all be home tomorrow! Hey Torie-nado, the tornadoes are still following you. They nailed Iowa today just behind you guys. Better warn Fort Collins to expect tornadoes tomorrow afternoon!

    I just noticed that tomorrow is now today. See you today. Hurray!

    Papa Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey everyone, including Tom. SOON. Everyone will be back together and for awhile I hope. I am soooooooooooo happy for you guys, enjoy the first day together. I compare it to a great big Christmas............ something unbelievable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH.......COLORADO.....PAPA TOM IS SO EXCITED THAT YOU'LL BE HOME LATER TODAY...WE ARE ALL VERY EXCITED THAT YOU & THE GRANDS WILL BE HOME TODAY.......BE SAFE

    KATI

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank Heavens!!! So glad you're back home!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah!! Praise the Lord!! Can you see us all jumping and yelling all the way from Colorado to TN! I cried the whole time I read your post, just happy tears. So thankful you are home, there is no other place like it and we have been praying for this day for months! We miss you, but are so very excitted to know that a new chapter is starting. This is going to be a good chapter too and I still hope we are in in. Lots of love and prayers from TN
    Josiah and crew

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back to Colorado and our blue skies! What a journey this has been. I'm so glad that Shaun is there for you too. Best to you on your last leg of this trip home.

    Love & hugs! (Now I have to go get some gummie worms)
    Aunt Lettie

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving an "Anonymous" comment, please leave your name so we know who to send happy thoughts back to!