Sunday, September 5, 2010
T+213
I couldn't think of anything to title this post, so I'll just give you a quick update. Torie was able to get down to 3L of oxygen this morning, but she she is still running fevers...102-103. She had a CT of her chest done today. It is showing a diffuse bilateral pneumonia as well as pulmonary edema. She is still getting Lasix for the fluid, and now she is Levaquin for atypical bacteria, and Caspofungin in case it is a fungal infection. It sounds like they are discussing a bronchoscopy to try to determine if it is fungal or bacterial. We are sure hoping for bacteria - much easier to treat. She's restless and uncomfortable. Her respiratory rate today has been between 60-80 per minute. We are using ice packs to bring her temperature down. On a positive note, her counts came up a teeny bit today. We know you are doing all you can to help her over this latest bump, and we thank you. Fight cells, fight! Vic-Torie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Many prayers to sweet Torie from Gracie and family in FL. Fight Torie! You are so amazing!
ReplyDeleteTorie,
ReplyDeleteI hope you start to feel better soon. Keep fighting-we're all praying for you to get better.
Love,
Aunt Lettie
Day at a time and let's see what tomorrow brings. I'm really hoping the Levaquin works and does the trick! I'm really, really hoping it does the trick.
ReplyDeleteHey little furry Torie, I went out to the orchard this afternoon and sat on our bench and I asked Heavenly Father for a special blessing for you. I asked again, that you would be able to go to the Ranch and be with your Arizona family. Maybe this Spring? Yes! We will do that! That little bench is where I say my prayers when I'm here at home. Your Papa Tom is funny about praying on benches!
Vic-Torie Grand Kid! Vic-Torie!! And let your good cells get rid of those bad cells
and bad bugs!
Papa Tom