I apologize for the lack of posts this week. Torie remains in the hospital. There is really not a whole lot new. She has had lots of tests, including Adenovirus, come back negative. She had a repeat CT of her chest Thursday that showed only minimal improvement, but not any worse. We'll take that! Her counts are still dropping...yesterday platelets were down to 17 (yikes) and her hemoglobin was 8.2, but she hasn't gotten blood since Tuesday morning. She is still needing oxygen when she's asleep, and she keeps spiking fevers. Mys-Torie is keeping everyone guessing. She does have her moments when she's back to her old self...the other day PT (physical therapy) came in with a huge mesh bag full of plastic parts. The therapist took them out of the bag and scattered them around the room so that Torie had to walk to get them. After Torie got the parts and they were put together, she had a great time dropping a ball down ramps. When her session was ending the therapist got the bag and said, "Torie, can you put everything back in the bag?" and in response got a quick "No." Of course, the therapist asked why she couldn't, and our darling girl said "Well, you got them out."
I'm in Grand Junction right now, getting ready to fly to Vancouver for a cruise. This is the first time I'm counting days until I get back. Leaving Torie yesterday was so hard, but I know she's in great hands. I'll update as often as I can, so thanks for checking in on her and sending her your prayers and happy thoughts. We appreciate all your help for Vic-Torie!
This mys-torie has got to be frustrating! We think about her and include her in our prayers each day. I'm glad you're going on a cruise - you need that. Enjoy it!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the update. We've been thinking of you and wondering. Hope you enjoy your vacation, Cheryl. I know you must feel conflicted, but enjoy some rest and relaxation. I'm sure it is overdue.
ReplyDeleteTorie girl, keep fighting this mysterious thing. We want you to be all better and back home. Praying for this, but we know God has His plan, too.
xoxo
We surely pray the Lord's most precious blessings on this little Mys-Torie girl! We love the blog, Cheryl. But, we are glad you are getting this cruise break -- you will come back better because of it. Blessings on your mom and those taking care of Mys-Torie, especially while you're gone Cheryl. We are always sending our love and prayers! Aunt Lanny & Uncle Eddy
ReplyDelete