Thursday, November 18, 2010

T+287 Juicy Lucy

I tried to get this posted last night, but wasn't having any luck with Blogger...Anyway, here's what we did yesterday.  We finally made it to the 5-8 Club.  (As seen on the Travel Channel and Food Network.)  The 5-8 Club started in Minneapolis in 1928 as a speakeasy during prohibition.  It's still in the original location, and is now famous for the "Juicy Lucy", a hamburger stuffed with cheese.  When you bite into it, the cheese oozes like molten lava...super hot, but way delicious!  We thought we'd be really smart and beat the crowds, but apparently Wednesday is half-price day from 3:00 to 5:00.  We got there about 3:15, and by the time we left at 4:00, the line was out the door! 
We went to Mall of America before we had lunch, and they are getting Christmas decorations up.  Torie loved watching the crane and the operators putting the tree together.  These trees are enormous - 3 stories.  I'm sure she'll expect Papa-Great to put the Christmas tree up at their house the same way.


5 comments:

  1. Looks like an amazing cheeseburger! Meat sweats anyone? Hope to see you all soon :) Thinking of you always....

    Praying for VIC-TORIE!
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that burger looks yummy! Torie, did you eat one of those burgers all by yourself? When you come home maybe you could help Papa Great decorate the Christmas tree. I will make a crane so that we can put decorations way high on the branches. Fun!

    Hey Torie, you keep engrafting real well and keep making good blood cells o.k.? I think about you a lot Torie and I always smile and chuckle when I open my cell phone and see that cute picture of you and Mama Grand.

    Happy thoughts and prayers heading your way as usual! Vic-Torie! Engraft! Vic-Torie!

    Papa Tom

    ReplyDelete
  3. How YUMMY IS THAT!!!

    Love it that you guys are trying to make the best of your stay without us in Minneapolis!!

    ALL OUR LOVE

    Kim and Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOOD MORNING....JUST GOT HOME FROM WORK & THE NEWS SAID YOU GUYS WON'T GET OUT OF THE 20'S TODAY....SO I'M DECLARING A PAJAMA DAY @ RMcH :):): WISH I COULD JOIN.... SENDING WARM, POSITIVE THOUGHTS YOUR WAY KATI

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking about you all and hoping things are well!

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving an "Anonymous" comment, please leave your name so we know who to send happy thoughts back to!