We're back at Ronald McDonald House! Torie did well last night, and her blood pressure stayed down without nifedipine, so the docs agreed with her that she was ready to leave. We had to pick up a few new medicines before we left, and then Home Health came with her IV CSA (cyclosporin). She is now back to 21 doses of medicine through the day and on continuous tube feeding. She did manage to avoid home TPN though. Jerry, our dietician friend, talked the docs out of TPN because he knows how much better Torie eats when she gets back here. Last night she told me she wanted spaghetti at RMH, and as luck would have it, that's exactly what was on the menu tonight! She ate really well, and went to bed right after dinner. She's been more active today, talking more, smiling and laughing more, then she has in the last 3 weeks. We are so hoping this is just a "lay-over" and that we'll be on our way home soon.
It's hard to believe that it's June, and that we are starting our sixth month here. I was looking back at old posts from January the other night. I wrote that Mom and I were "tired" when we had been here about 3 weeks. Man alive, I didn't know what tired was! It felt like we'd been gone so long already. If I knew then what I know now....I know we couldn't have done it without your support and without the friendship of those we've met here. Pray for a smooth road that will lead us home....Vic-Torie!
yes.... a very smooth road back to colorado... glad you are back @ rmh... sending positive thoughts & prayers your way
ReplyDeletekati
It is pretty amazing what you can handle - it seems like you rise to the occasion! We wish you the best and hope things keep going well! :)
ReplyDeleteWe were praying extra hard for you all yesterday, so we are very thankful for this good news. The RMH and then HOME.
ReplyDeleteTorie, my favorite food is spaghetti. I hope you enjoyed it last night!
Lots of love,
Jade, Lyle, and Rylie
Such good news that you are back at RMH! And spaghetti too! Keep eating and get your strengh up for that trip home that I hope will be happening very soon!
ReplyDeleteHang in there-our thoughts and prayers are with you as well.
Love,
Aunt Lettie
Hey Grand Kid, I'm so glad you are back at Ronald McDonald House! Keep getting stronger and eating good.
ReplyDeleteI'm so lonesome for you Torie and I can't wait for all of you to be back home. I see your pictures and toys around the house here and I miss you that much more. We need to go camping!
Papa Tom
Still praying for you Miss Torie. Hope you get to go home soon! Grandma's hang in there, may God continue to give you grace through this journey. We love you all and send lots of hugs!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Si and family :)