Well, no Memorial Day get-away for us! Torie is still here on 5D. Her weight is down to 13.7 kg. Her labs look good and the swelling is almost gone. Her diarrhea has resolved and she is tolerating her new tube feeding - Peptamin Jr.(which is delicious. Not!) - well. She is getting GenGraf(cyclosporine) IV because her levels were so low while she had the diarrhea. We are still dealing with her blood pressure. She is now on amlodipine, labetolol, enalapril, and nifedipine. Hopefully the combination of all these will kick in soon! She finally got blood on Sunday morning. It took the Red Cross 20 hours to match all the antibodies she's developed. Mom can't be here right now because she has a cold sore, so I've got sole hospital duty. Long days and nights! But the risk to Torie is too high. Because a cold sore is in the Herpes Virus family, Torie would never be able to fight off an HSV infection. She keeps asking "When Ma-Great come back to Torie room?" The docs aren't sure they'll be able to discharge her to RMH, because Mom will still have her cold sore there. I don't know how single parents do this!
We hope you all had a great weekend, and please send Torie prayers and happy thoughts that will lower her blood pressure....Vic-Torie!
Oh guys, we're sorry you're still on 5D. And with one of you banished. We know how hard it is. Hang in there! We'll be praying for sweet Torie and Great-Grandma. Lots of love.
ReplyDeleteHi Grand Kid Torie! Gee I was hoping that you all would be back at Ronald McDonald house by now. I hope Ma-Great's cold sore gets better soon.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you finally got blood. That's a long wait! Keep getting stronger and work on getting your blood pressure down. I'm saying my prayers for you little ones.
I love you sweet Torie-nado. I'm hoping that all of you come home soon!
Papa Tom