No news is good news, or so we hope. Torie had her Echo on Thursday and we haven't heard from anyone so we are assuming all is well. I'm sure they will tell us more at her appointment with Dr. Orchard on Monday. She is doing great, and up to her usual shenanigans! Josiah had his Echo on Friday, and showed enough fluid around his heart that he had it drained Friday afternoon. He is back next door tonight and doing just fine! His Echo was at 10:00, and at 10:10 Torie looked at me and said "It's Josiah time." And no, (advanced as she is!) she can't tell time. I'm not sure what she meant, but at this point I think she knows more than most of us do. Weird, huh? I have no doubt that she and Josiah have a connection. Josiah's Pa-Paw, Bob, left to go home to Tennessee this afternoon. It has been such a pleasure to get to know him and he will be missed.
We ventured out to a Scandinavian specialty store today and had a good time looking at all the things from "The Old Country." We did stay far away from the lutefisk though! The last couple of days have been so windy that we haven't been able to play outside and we were all getting a bit stir crazy, so it was nice outing.

Torie got these cute Minnie ears from The Beckerman's for her birthday. They were in Disneyland and it was so awesome of them to think of her.

Aunt Lettie sent the Princess jammies and Torie thought with her ears and her pj's that she was ready to go to Disneyland too. She loves it there and I can't wait to take her back!

I'm so glad that we took her to Disneyland in September before we started down this road we're on. She talks about it still. Uncle Eddy put together a DVD from the video that Tom took while we were there. There were days (about +18 to +22) when she felt so rotten and all she wanted to do was watch "Torie in Disneyland, please Mama" over and over. I wonder if she just wanted to go back to when she felt good and hadn't had to go through any of this yet. After all, it is The Happiest Place on Earth!
Grow Cells, Grow! Engraft!

Hi Torie, I hope your little friend Josiah is doing well and I'm glad you are doing good, growing those goood cells. Some day we will all go on the Disneyland boat. A Disneyland on the water? How fun is that! You look so cute wearing your Mick (Minni) Mouse hat that you got from your cousins.
ReplyDeleteI love you Grand Kid.
Grow good cells and engraft!!
Papa Tom
good luck with your appointment with dr orchard i'm praying for good news & that you & the grands get to start making the plans to come home to colorado in the mean time keep growing those the cells that will engraft
ReplyDeletekati
Keep going, Torie! You're doing great! Thinking of all of you...
ReplyDeleteJanell Kierstein
IMD Clinic
I hope there is good news today with Dr. Orchard! Also glad to hear you are feeling well enough to be up to your "usual shenanigans."
ReplyDeleteSounds like a trip to Disneyland is in the future for you too! You'll be more than ready with your cute ears!
Keep growing those good cells and engraft! Remember that you are loved and missed by many!
Love,
Aunt Lettie