Torie has had a pretty rough day, but the 1st day after surgery seems to always be the worst. She's had quite a bit of pain from her hernia repair. She's never had a surgery like this, and I think she just doesn't know why it hurts so much, especially when she coughs. We're hoping she can get off oxygen tonight and that she doesn't have any more fevers. As long as her cultures stay negative and she follows the rules, Dr. Tolar thinks maybe she can go back to RMH tomorrow. Papa-Great got here today, and she didn't feel much like talking to anyone. She did tell Mom this afternoon that "Mama Cheryl bring Papa-Great back to see Torie in a little bit." And she was right...I did! It's so nice to have him here, and back with Mom.
Josiah and his family got packed up and headed back to Tennessee today. They have a long trip ahead of them, but nothing compared to the journey they've been on for the last 5 months. Just a couple more days and they'll be HOME! I'm jealous. But we'll be next! Thanks for sending your well-wishes and prayers..with them, Torie can do anything! Grow, Cells! Grow! Engraft! Vic-Torie!
I hope she recovers quickly, poor little thing! It's so hard when they don't understand why they're hurting. :( I hope Josiah's family doesn't live near all this flooding, I'm sure that's one thing they don't need to worry about right now... We're rooting for you Torie!!
ReplyDeleteHey strong girl, you hang in there and you will be home in no time. I'm so sorry that you are in pain right now but it will all be behind you soon. We loved getting to know you sweet girl and you will always be in our prayers. May God bless and know that you will always have family in Tenn!
ReplyDeleteJosiah and family
glad to hear that all the procedures went well can't wait to hear that you are on the road back to colorado be safe
ReplyDeletegrow & engraft cells for princess torie
kati
Hey Grand Kid Torie, I'm sorry that you don't feel so good right now. You will feel better soon and be back to being a bouncy, funny little Torie-nado I'm sure.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that your little friend Josiah and his family are on their way home to Tennessee. You guys are next to come home! Yea!
I love you Torie.
Papa Tom