Lining: we got to stop her VFend and Celebrex. And since she her blood pressure has been so stable, her Labetolol dose got cut in half. Dr. Orchard doesn't want to make any changes to the Lasix until after OR next Monday. She will get her 3rd dose of Intrathecal Enzyme, MRI of her brain, CT of her abdomen, G-Tube and hernia repaired then. She will have to be admitted to the hospital, but hopefully just overnight. Today they drew blood to check her engraftment level and her Enzyme level. Those results will take a while to get back. Dr. Orchard also said that if Torie continues to do well, and nothing unforeseen happens, our last appointment will be May 17th. 2 weeks from today and we may be able to start heading home! Hooray! Yesterday marked our 17th week since we've been here. We are SO ready. These last 2 weeks will probably seem longer than all our time so far!
Josiah had his repeat Echo today and although he doesn't have any more fluid building up again, he has to stay another week to 10 days. Silver Lining: We get to keep him and his family as our next-door neighbors for a little while longer! And maybe he will still be here when Rylie comes next week. Torie has told us "Rylie come to Ronald McDonald House and play with Torie." She is very excited, so I hope this surgery and hospital stay doesn't get in the way of her plans! We're pretty anxious to get her engraftment level back. We are praying she is still heading the right direction. Grow Cells, Grow! Engraft! Vic-Torie!
Hi Torie,
ReplyDeleteGood news on getting to cut back on some of your meds. You are in very good hands and lots of people care about you.
I hope that all goes well on Monday and that you and your grands get to come back to Colorado soon.
I'm happy that Josiah is back at RMH but hope he gets to go home soon too.
It will be fun to get to see Rylie too-hope you get a chance to play!
Love,
Aunt Lettie
Hi Grand Kid! I really hope you get to play with Rylie. Oh, I can't wait for you all to be back here. It seem that the closer you are to coming home, the farther it seems for me. Torie, keep growing those good cell and engraft!!
ReplyDeleteGrow Cells, Grow! Vic-Torie!!
I love you Torie and I'll see you all soon!
Papa Tom