The Tomten are the little elves in Sweden who leave presents for children and help with their chores. Tonight the staff and a bunch of volunteers here at the house did all kinds of crafts for kids to give as gifts. I can't give many more details, but Mommy's going to be VERY happy! They had a bunch of different stations set up and they even had a gift-wrapping area. It's amazing how they really do think of everything here. For dinner, a group fixed a Swedish dinner, with Swedish meatballs and gravy, lefsa, and lutefisk. Yes, my dear Swedish family, we ate lutefisk. And it is delicious. If you are a seal, or a 3 year-old on steroids. Mom had to spit hers out, I was brave and swallowed quickly, and Torie didn't mind it a bit. For you non-Swedes, lutefisk is the most-feared fish on the planet. It's cod that gets soaked in lye, and then
dried. Then before it's cooked, it has to be cleaned. A lot. Maybe they should use Dawn. (It's safe for all the sea animals rescued from oil spills, right?) Maybe a little bleach or Febreze would help with the odor - not in the room, on the fish. My Mom remembers that my Grandpa Joe had heard about it, and bought some for my Grandma as a surprise. The house stunk, my Grandma (the Swede) wouldn't eat it, but my Grandpa did. I'm pretty sure it was because it was already paid for. Anyway, it has been a family joke forever, and I highly recommend trying it! I'm a little worried that Torie ate it. I'm especcially worried about the furniture and our ankles. She really will eat anything while she's on steroids!Today was a little better; Torie didn't get fired
from PT, and she did sleep for 5 hours last night.
It's 12:30AM, we're watching Rudolph and she's eating oatmeal. But she's quiet, and that's a bonus. We're still waiting and praying for negatives...please keep sending them. Prayers and happy thoughts are the only thing making a difference right now, and they're working - Thank you!
The Tomten Festival looks like a fun time and I'm not surprised that Torie ate lutefisk. Maybe she got her new blood from a seal or maybe a few Swedish genes are still lingering. Lots of happy thoughts and prayers continue heading your way over the Divide. Negative urine proteins. Yes!
ReplyDeleteSo Grand Kid Torie, did you make lots of presents? Giving gifts that you make are the best gifts of all. Well almost. I think that the best gifts for me, are that Heavenly Father sent you and your Arizona cousins to our family and I thank Him everyday for you precious gifts! Torie you keep getting better o.k.? That's a good idea! We all need our happy, funny little Torie back (especially you and the Grands). Vic-Torie!!
Your Papa Tom loves and misses you very much!
Torie,
ReplyDeleteSounds like the Tomten Festival was a hit! I remember when your Great, Great Grandma Helen made lutefisk-cured me from ever trying it again FOR LIFE!
Happy to hear that you are getting a little more rest and are able to go to PT.
Happy thoughts (though for negative proteins) and prayers headed your way!
Love,
Aunt Lettie
We miss our Minnesota family ... silver lining of still being up there is that you get to visit with all our dear friends. Please give them all hugs for us. Miss Tori, we are praying for your miracle sweet girl and that your grandma's will hang in there. We love you so much and miss you. ALthough the snow doesn't sound to fun when we have sunny 40degree weather with green grass growing. Happy, warm, sunny thoughts sent your way.
ReplyDelete(ya'll really have to come visit sometime :)
Love you,
Tn family