Wednesday, December 1, 2010

T+300 and Santa!

Santa came to Ronald McDonald House to night...Torie was speechless when he walked in!  She didn't mind sitting on his lap this year, and she asked him to bring her "a pink present and a card, and a white present for Teddie."  She even got a bag of treats from him! 


Her numbers at Clinic are all about the same.  The only thing different is that we are adding 2 more medicines - Levaquin, an antibiotic because the Prednisone makes her more immune-suppressed, and Prilosec because steroids can cause ulcers.  And to think...last week we were down to only 2 medicines!  We go back again on Friday for more labs.  Her Echo results from Monday show that her pericardial effusion is resolved, and her LVEF is up to 46%.  That's a little baby step forward!

Please send extra prayers to our friends here, especially Baby Sydney who was readmitted to the hospital today, Wyatt and his family who are on their way here, and Gracie who is battling a yucky respiratory infection.  Thanks for thinking of all of us....Vic-Torie!

5 comments:

  1. Torie,
    You look so happy sitting on Santa's lap this year! I can't wait to see you for Christmas!
    Love Uncle Shaun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Santa came to see you! Such a big girl to sit on his lap and talk to him. You looked very pretty decked out in your pink dress and white tights. Keep taking those steps forward. Sounds like Uncle Shaun is coming for Christmas-that is wonderful!

    Happy thoughts and prayers to you, Baby Sidney, Wyatt and Gracie too.

    Love,
    Aunt Lettie

    ReplyDelete
  3. good morning...princess torie you look beautiful .... i'm glad that santa came to see you ...a pink present huh?!?!? hope your weather isn't too bad & that you keep getting to put ornaments on the tree....sending warm & positive thoughts....kati

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I have to say that you guys look great! I am glad to see that we are making steps in the right direction!! WE LOVE YOU !!!

    ALL OUR LOVE

    Kim and Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any steps forward are great, even baby steps! I'm very glad to hear that the effusion is resolved and the EF is up (a little).

    Oh Torie you look so cute all dressed up and sitting on Santa Clause's lap! I remember that you weren't very happy with Santa last year. Wow Grand Kid, you are growing up so quick and I love your curly red hair! Torie, I remember all your little Minnesota friends in my prayers and I am saying extra prayers for Wyatt, Gracie and Sidney now.

    Remember, steps forward Vic-Torie!!

    Papa Tom

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving an "Anonymous" comment, please leave your name so we know who to send happy thoughts back to!