Just when I thought we were going to dodge the "Day 100 Set-Back", Surprise! Torie's labs this morning weren't so great. She's been puny all weekend and she's getting puffy. Her weight was up from 13.7kg on Friday to 14.4kg this morning. 2 weeks ago she had protein in her urine, and I've been worrying and asking about Nephrotic Syndrome, but her albumin levels weren't too bad. Today her albumin dropped to 2.5, BUN and Creatnine are rising, and she hasn't been potty-ing much. They increased her Lasix dose and they're thinking she may have Nephrotic Syndrome. She'll have another Echo tomorrow morning and then another appointment with more labs on Wednesday. If her labs aren't better, they'll probably try a few days of steroids. So, in the meantime, we'll wait here!
We're disappointed to not be leaving, but this is absolutely the best place for her to be right now. And remember those silver linings...Wednesday night's movie is Shrek 2, and Torie loves Donkey! Please keep sending those prayers and happy thoughts because they make a huge difference...Vic-Torie!
Oh no. We're sad for you, but very glad you are in good hands there at the U. We are praying for a turnaround so you can get home. Wish we could be there to watch Shrek 2 with you. :)
ReplyDeleteSending lots of love!
Well Torie, your Papa Tom is sad and disappointed that you won't be coming home as soon as we all wanted. Two steps forward and now a step back. Lets do two steps forward next o.k.? I'm saying my prayers to Heavenly Father every day and I am always thinking of you and the Grands.
ReplyDeleteI hope you have fun watching Shrek and Donkey! Maybe you will eat popcorn too. I'll bet movie night is a good time.
I love Torie. Get home soon!
Papa Tom
keep your chins up we want every thing to be a-ok when you come home in the mean time enjoy shrek & donkey
ReplyDeletecells keep growing & engrafting for princess torie
kati
Bummer! But it is best that you're not on the road. They will take good care of you and let you head home when you can. Go kidneys go!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy Shrek and Donkey-love that movie!
Hugs,
Aunt Lettie
Miss Torie, You are not suppose to have another set back. But then we did everything about 2 weeks apart so I know you will get to go home next Monday..at least we are praying for that :)! Miss you all so very much and love you too! Enjoy Donkey!
ReplyDeleteGod bless,
Josiah and family
Love you guys!!! Miss you!!! Everything happens for a reason. You had a BMT...Nephrotic syndrome is nothing....
ReplyDeleteLOVE YOU GUYS...
Kim, Pat and Joseph