Wednesday, May 12, 2010

T+97 & 93%!

Of all the blog entries I've made over the last months, this is probably the most joyous...Torie's bone marrow biopsy results are back and she is 93% engrafted! I wish I had the words to express our feelings when we heard this. After all Torie has gone through, it feels like she's not just fighting the battles, but finally winning the war! I wish she could understand how strong she is, and how well she has done. One of my goals in starting this blog was for her to one day be able to read it and realize what a journey she's been on. She still is not out of the woods, but at least she won't have to have another stem cell transplant!

We are still on 5D, trying to get off oxygen and get some poo moving. Hopefully we will be back at RMH tomorrow. Rylie and her Mom and Dad, Jade and Lyle, got here last night, and we saw them this evening. Her transplant was 2 years ago, and seeing her gives us so much hope for Torie's future. Rylie goes to preschool, takes swimming lessons, and is no different from any other 3 year old. She runs and sings and dances and is so full of life and laughter. There are so many similarities between Rylie and Torie - and we only hope they continue! I wish Josiah and his family could have met Rylie, but someday we'll all get together. Here is one more silver lining that we've been given...We have met some of the most wonderful people in the world, and we have made life-long friends. And we have you. Thank you, thank you, a thousand times. Your care, support, and prayers have gotten us so far! Vic-Torie!

8 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord!! My eyes are full of tears ... tears of JOY! We love you sweet Torie! Tell all our favorite nurses HI for us and that your going home!! We will see you soon. :)

    Lots of love,
    Josiah and family

    ReplyDelete
  2. HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!
    WHAT WONDERFUL NEWS

    cells keep growing & engrafting for princess vic-torie

    kati

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wah-Hooooo!!!!! What a great thing!!!
    We are so-o excited for you all.
    What a journey you've been on ... and with friends you will have eternally. That is surely the side blessing. What good news to hear about Rylie ... and Josiah for getting to go home. Our prayers continue with each of these special kids. They are each in the hands of the Lord! Prayers DO work. The Lord is anxious for each of our successes ... in whatever form they may take. WHAT A GOOD NEWS WEDNESDAY!!
    Our Love, Hugs (just feel them!), and prayers!!
    Aunt Lanny & Uncle Eddy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippee! That's the best news we've heard in....forever!

    Nancy & Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful news! I'm so excited that you will be heading west!

    Hope to see all of you soon!
    Love,
    Aunt Lettie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Torie you sweet little Angel, You did it! Got them Cells! Huge prayers were answered for you and for all of us. I don't know when I've ever felt so much joy, elation or relief as when Mama Grand told me that you were 93% engrafted! I think 93 is my favorite number now.

    Keep up the good work little one and know that your Papa Tom loves you very much!

    See you all in a few days. I can't wait!

    Papa Tom

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving an "Anonymous" comment, please leave your name so we know who to send happy thoughts back to!